close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alternative .40 Ammunition

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by YtownGlock, Apr 12, 2012.

Tags:
  1. YtownGlock

YtownGlock Rookie

Jan 2, 2012
    For a year now, I have been shooting Federal Champion, WWB, and American Eagle .40 FMJ at the range. I have been considering changing range ammo to cut down on costs and to save $.

Does anyone have any good and/or bad reviews on CCI Blazer and Magtech? (.40 S&W)

2. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    Both are those are good. About the only ammo I won't shoot in any caliber is Brown Bear because of the smell. Steel-cased ammo doesn't bother me a bit.

If you have the time and shoot more than a few hundred rounds a month you should get into reloading.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012

3. we get Tulammo alot in the WI area, about $12 a box:cool:

4. YtownGlock

YtownGlock Rookie

Jan 2, 2012
    I would love to get into reloading. But right now, financially, I dont have the funds to buy everything I need. I hear its nice though, to reload your own ammo. A buddy of mine reloaded 2,000 of 230gr .45 and it only cost him like $180 in supplies.

I used to go to the range once a week and shoot ~200 rounds a visit.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  5. GIockGuy24

GIockGuy24 Bring M&M's

Jul 14, 2005
    With Amber Lamps
    I like the CCI Blazer ammo. It is usually cleaner than most of the other target ammo too. The quality seems about the best of the bunch.

6. Little Joe

Little Joe

Dec 28, 2007
    At The Ready
    I've shot a lot of Magtech over the years, and it has always been flawless ammunition for me. I like it a lot. From my experience Magtech has better brass then Blazer. Even though you are not reload now, you could still collect and save your brass for when you do someday.

7. mingaa

mingaa

Dec 3, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    Magtech works quite
    well for me. Blazer never produces tight groups as others you are using. I'll use my last Blazer in 40 and not buy any more. I sold off all my 9mm Blazer late last year for the same reason-innacurate. I had a lot from the last election frenzy. Buying more carefully now.

8. YtownGlock

YtownGlock Rookie

Jan 2, 2012
    How does TulAmmo and Wolf run in Glocks?

9. bear5150

bear5150

Feb 27, 2011
    henderson nv
    Hi there Ive run booth tulammo and wolf its dirty but it works just find as long as your not one of those types that dnt clean your guns after your done shooting but its fine for range ammo

10. Jack19

Jack19

Jul 16, 2001
    Southeastern USA
    Buy your buddy a set of .40 dies and ask him to teach you how to reload.:supergrin::supergrin: