close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alpinestar SP-1 Leather Gloves

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by WERA49, Nov 11, 2004.

1. WERA49

WERA49
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone have experience with these gloves? I need a new pair. These seem to be at the point of diminishing returns.

The 2005 SP-1's are $90. The 2004 SP-1's are $70. I've used Teknic Violators in the past. I am happy with them. IIRC, they were $120.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. socalchuckster

socalchuckster
    Expand Collapse

I have used both the violators and the sp-1's. I loved both sets of gloves, but the sp-1's seemed to be more durrable. I dunno how your hands are, but alpinestar gloves always ran a little tight on my palms. Just find a store that stocks them and try em on.

my .02

Chuck

3. 45acp4me

45acp4me
    Expand Collapse
    Pissed puppet

Alpinstar gloves run very small. If you wear a medium, get a large. If you normally use a large, get an extra large. If a large just barely fits in other brands, I don't think you'll find a Alpinestar glove that will fit you.

Regards,
    Glen

4. dfowler21

dfowler21
    Expand Collapse
    NFA this!

Ive had a set of the SP-1s for about a year. They look as good as the day I got them and show no signs of giving up at all. Id definitely recommend them. However, as 45acp4me said, get them a size bigger than normal.

5. MikeG22

MikeG22
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

The 05's are looking pretty nice, I'm planning on picking a pair up next time I see some.

6. Glock22C

Glock22C
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

I got a pair of SP1s (not the 2005) and the fit is nice. I tried the GP Plus, GP Pro and GP Tech and they all had the same problem, the fingers were too long!