close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Almost there!

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by MedicOni, Mar 21, 2012.

1. MedicOni

MedicOni

Nov 19, 2008
    Central NM
    Last Saturday I took my NREMT-P practical exams and passed :D Just need to wait for them to finish my file and get all my paperwork completed so they can clear me to take my NREMT-P written. Hopefully this time in two weeks I'll be a paramedic :D It's been a long road to get here, but I get to keep a promise I made to my late girlfriend, and myself.

2. nguyen925

nguyen925

Mar 22, 2012
    Great to hear, I'm only a few months into the Paramedic course and just finishing up Pharmacology. Now onto Cardiology, wish the process was quicker but then again who else doesn't? Good luck!

3. trifecta

trifecta

Nov 17, 2008
    DFW
    Didn't realize its been that long since you started. Glad the school is over for you and good luck on the written.

4. MedicOni

MedicOni

Nov 19, 2008
    Central NM
    Thanks guys, just waiting for the school to give me my ATT letter and I'll be taking my written and hopefully applying and working in IN as a medic soon after :)

5. GLOCK17DB9

GLOCK17DB9

Dec 30, 2011
    Troy, MI
    Good Luck and do well. I'm sure if you prepared yourself you will have no problem. :thumbsup:

6. Wayloss

Wayloss

Mar 30, 2011
    Good Luck and welcome to the club... long row to hoe, but now the tunnel is at an end. IE welcome to having a life again after paramedic class.

7. nburhans

nburhans

Nov 12, 2011
    Congrats on being almost done! I remember that road, and all the hard work, lack of sleep and no life... You will actually have some free time again. Good luck on your road into para medicine, and enjoy every day. I still get excited every day on my way into work.

8. MedicOni

MedicOni

Nov 19, 2008
    Central NM
    It's official... Registry written is scheduled for 0800 on Saturday :) I should get results monday and then I get to start the process for state certifications :D

9. MedicOni

MedicOni

Nov 19, 2008
    Central NM
    73 questions in about 45 minutes... now just waiting to find out...

10. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    Waco, Texas
    And waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting.....

11. MedicOni

MedicOni

Nov 19, 2008
    Central NM
    Lol yep. Most likely no scores till Monday afternoon. IT's gonna be a long weekend

12. RyanNREMTP

Jun 16, 2007
    Waco, Texas
    With sleepless nights. It sucks waiting for test results.

13. southernfire97

southernfire97

Apr 1, 2012
    South MS
    Good luck! Been a medic for many years and my skills/training have helped many people to live another day. It's a good feeling to say the least. Congrats on keeping the promise and choosing to help your fellow man.

14. MedicOni

MedicOni

Nov 19, 2008
    Central NM
    After what seemed like the longest weekend of my life... I'm now a NREMT-P! :D Now to just wait for the paperwork to apply for my state(s) certifications :)

15. medic2258

medic2258

Aug 17, 2008
    Ohio
    SWEET! Now the real education begins. And keep up with the Con Ed requirements, don't ever let you NREMT-P go. You never know where you will end up working.

16. RyanNREMTP

Jun 16, 2007
    Waco, Texas
    Congrats. I agree keep your NR up.

You do know what the NR stands for in NREMTP?

It stands for Not Really.

:)