Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Almost a 1911 leg.

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Quack, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    just goes to show that one should use the proper holster for the gun and if it's not going in, stop and look at what the problem is.

2. drc767

drc767 Navy CSAR

Dec 30, 2007
    A short, ported barrel and holster for a different weapon.......Where to even begin?

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Square peg, round hole,.........BAD idea!
  4. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    more like a round peg in a square hole, it fit, but not properly.
  5. SiberianErik

Feb 9, 2009
    mulit-fail on multiple levels. People will spend $1K + on a weapon then another few hundred on mods to it and yet cheap out on a holster/belt combo.

I used to see this type of thinking when I was big into the BMW ///M scene. Guys would drop $10K on a forced induction system then try to find the cheapest , crapiest tires to try to harness all the new horsepower. :dunno:

There was a vid in the GG section of a guy glocking himself in the leg while seated in a car. He was using some old, beat up holster that I think was not even for the frame size G he was using. The holster hit the Saf-T-Trigger :rofl:and boomy. I must be the olny one that lol when people say the glock has a safety built into the trigger. If a two year old can pick up a Glock and pull the trigger , disableing the safety, well that isn't much of a safety system.
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  6. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Feb 3, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    Wow, that sucks for that guy. I ALWAYS tell people the most important thing is a quality belt/holster. People just don't seem to get it, and I have no idea why!
  7. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Guest

Ouch.. kinda hammers home the point.. the right tool for the job at hand.. I am still wondering why on earth one would try and put a singlestack gun in a doublestack holster and think that it is going to work correctly.. :brickwall:
  8. Actually the V10 was a double stack 1911, hybrid if you will. Kind of like the Para Warthog.
  9. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    The V10 is also a single stack.
  10. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
  11. skdmrklcy

skdmrklcy Duck and Cover

Jun 10, 2004
    North of Cinci, Ohio
    What is sad here is that there are a lot of decent holsters for not a lot of money.

I have a Fobus thing for my M&P that is not great but it is safe...

I actually have a Safariland 5188 that I really like for my 1911 as a competition holster. I am going to order a nice leather one as soon as I figure out what I want.

I have a buddy that carrys a M&P IWB with one of those uncle mikes non fitted clip on bag like holsters... I am waiting for the day he shoots himself, refuses to change.
  12. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish Senior Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Right behind you...
    So I guess when the "What holster should I buy" thread of the week pops up, I probably shouldn't say one for a M&P 9mm
  13. Too many errors piled on top of each other, something had to give.

That depends on who's asking, eh? :cool:
  14. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Feb 28, 2001
    I guess I don't know what an "ear tab" is. :dunno:
  15. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
  16. I had a similar experience with out the bang at the end with a floppy soft IWB holster. Trigger guard area rolled and pressed into the trigger.

Never again.

First off my holsters now ALL have the body shield attachment that covers the safety, and the leather is molded to the safety in the ON position.

When I have to remove or put on a holstered 1911 my right thumb presses up from underneath the thumb safety holding from accidentally coming off. and I keep my index finger applying pressure to the side of the slide area so to make sure that the gun does not move out of the holster while wiggling it into my pants when that type of gearing or putting on is necessary.

My Holsters are also now heavier leather that come the trigger guard. Such as the Kramer IWB, Galco, etc.

Most of the time I undue my belt as to prevent me from having to wiggle it back and forth and apply alot of downward pressure to get it in.

I also always now use holsters that have snap belt closures so they are easier to take on and off. With one way snaps.
  17. awpk03s

Apr 1, 2007
    This should be common sense, but for many it isn't... if you're going to carry a gun, don't cheap out on the holster. Seriously... Yes a good holster is going to cost $100+. Get over it... and save your buttocks and ding-a-ling from getting shot off.