close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

All Religion is a ripoff and all gods are sockpuppets of the shamans.

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Comrade Bork, May 8, 2013.

1. Comrade Bork

Comrade Bork

May 1, 2001
    Georgia
    Get something straight.

Organized Religion itself is the mechanism that mankind as a whole invented to program us as individuals to subordinate ourselves to those in authority over us.

That was necessary if a social organization larger than large cheifdoms was ever going to be possible.

Social systems smaller than that can get by with interpersonal relationships. At the nationstate level, you are having to control an amalgamation of mostly strangers and get them to cooperate without killing each other. Killing strangers was pretty much hard-wired into us from our hunter-gatherer days. It needed to be overcome.

Think of the difference between the Iroquois Confederacy (chiefdoms) of the Revolutionary War period versus the Aztecs of Montezuma. Or the OT Pharoah's Egypt, Nebuzzzzzz's Persia, or the Hebrew Kingdom Moses ripped off from Pharoah & set up among the hillbillies back in the "Promised Land".

Nation-state level societies that needed religion to glue them together and keep the peasants docile and obiedient enough to keep pulling ton-weight stones to the top of the pyramids while their shaman "betters" kicked back in the shade and sipped on a cold one and/or diddled the peasant chicks.

Or go to the top of the pyramid to get their hearts ripped out with an obsidian blade to the greater glory of "God" in the case of the Aztecs.

The religions and gods existed before the nation state but more as hobbies than necessities.

At the nation state level, religion becomes necessary.

Actually, the religions themselves pretty much design the "Gods" they then insist they derive from, rather than the reverse as is the actual truth.

That is why there are so many differing religions, schisms within religions, and concepts of what "God" wants and demands of us as individuals. Different sets of Shamans all trying to get their own piece of the action going.

The shamans always insist that what "God" wants is for us to obey God's chosen spokesmen; the Shamans. It is no coincidence.

The purpose of all religion is to provide authority and/or an easy living for the shamans; nothing more.

Religion is a ripoff. All religion is a rip off. Gods are the products of the ripoff designed to support the ripoff.

Without exception.

Heck, the USA founding fathers recognized that fact.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or interfering with the free exercise thereof".

That sentence kicked the shamans out of any further authoritative role in our current Constitutional Government.

Deprived them of the authority they enjoyed for thousands of years.

Instead of obeying some "God" who in actuallity is nothing more than a sock-puppet for the shamans, we instead agree to abide by a written document we can all agree to read and follow collectively and individually.

Shamans now have to subsist as out and out con men in this society since they can no longer command the gullible "faithful" to do their bidding any more.

They have trick support and obedience out of them instead.

The Chrystal Palace shamans you see on TV every Sunday morning don't drive their own Limos. They have gullible faithful to do it for them when they are not pouring out their pockets into the collection baskets.

Mankind itself would be much, much better off if we peasants collectively told the shamans to stuff it and all of us stopped supporing any form of organized religion.

Among other things, we would no longer see atrocities like 9/11/01, which was an attempt on the part of one religion, Islam, to turn back the clock and re-unite Religion as the one and only "true" Theocratic-dictatorial "governmental" system they insist is the will of Allah. In other words, to destroy the govermnental system based on the CotUS and BoR.

The founders started the process with the 1st AM to the BoR.

We should finish the process.

"Freedom of Religion includes the right to be free OF Religion".

2. Is there a tl:dr version?

3. rustytxrx

rustytxrx

Oct 17, 2012
    Texas
    Alternate view - religion has nothing to with God. God is temporal and non-personal. God is the design of existence. The universe is made out of nothing that resulted in something. That is Godly. Man's perception of God is in man's brain. Now that should tell ya all ya need to know. God does not equal religion

4. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

Sep 20, 2006
    Galveston County, TX
    I agree that God does not equal religion. Religion is far to often a corruption of spirituality.

5. Smacktard

Smacktard

Oct 22, 2005

The strong man and the shamans have always ruled the world.

6. soutthpaw

soutthpaw

Apr 4, 2013
    Just wondering what your point is. Seems u are preaching to the choir. (Pun intended). Theopolotical government and society is the basis of almost all religions. There were over 500,000 versus of "laws" made by the various governing persons in the Islamic world by the time it cam to write the Quran. Only 4000 or so actually made it in. the other 496K were versus to benefit those in power... there is similar occurance in the various versions of the bible. The ones that sounded most ridiculous got left out like Jr Jesus turning his friends into animals etc.

7. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Fort Worth Texas
    Does it bother you that approximately 95% of the world's population disagrees with you?

Do you think they are all wrong and you are right?

In what other areas are you smarter than everyone else?

8. TK-421

TK-421

Oct 12, 2012
    Pflugerville, TX
    Does it bother you that just because 95% of the world's population believes something, it doesn't make it true?

9. soutthpaw

soutthpaw

Apr 4, 2013
    JBnTX I think your % is a bit generous unless u have a valid data source.

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  10. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Case in point, I wonder what % of people believed in Santa Clause, must be way up in the 90's. I dare you to prove Santa doesn't exist!!

Randy

11. rustytxrx

rustytxrx

Oct 17, 2012
    Texas
    I can tell you that I get his bills every Christmas. I mark them as delivered in error and send 'em to the North Pole. They come back unopened. If ya do find him let me know his address please

12. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    I would call that more complimentary than alternate. Religion is everything Bork said it was and worse. If there is some sort of pantheistic deity out there it doesn't resemble anything described by the religions of the world.

13. Smacktard

Smacktard

Oct 22, 2005

Humans have weak minds and love their fantasizes.

14. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

May 30, 2010
    Though I question your numbers... think back to when you were in school. Who were the smartest kids in class... the 95% or the 5%? This is not really all that different.

15. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

May 30, 2010
    He doesn't. He just says stuff then bolts and never backs any of it up.

16. rustytxrx

rustytxrx

Oct 17, 2012
    Texas
    Three words describe a supernatural beginning. creator, god and deity. These words do not fit well into scientific pantheism concept of the beginning but they are the only words that seem to convey the concept without three pages of threads.

when god is found it will be in a physics book not in a religion. as near as I can tell the only place we disagree very much is the effect of religion. I think man would have found a way to subjugate man with or without religion.

17. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    I would only replace "when" with "if" in that sentence to express my view.

I guess I can agree with that. We are an inventive lot when it comes to dreaming up new reasons to kill each other.

18. Daltini

Daltini

Mar 28, 2013
    "I don't like religion blah blah blah heres my theory blah blah religion sucks." then g36shooter shows up and further attempts to tear religion up.

Yawn. Same as every thread.

Oh and tl;dr. Cliffs please.

19. rustytxrx

rustytxrx

Oct 17, 2012
    Texas
    I can live with that and God does not care :)

20. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Fort Worth Texas
    I am humbled before such great intellectual minds that are so smart that they can declare religion a rip off and a sham.

How can I become that smart?
    Please teach me.