close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

All purpose pistol

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by nyordak17, Jul 21, 2005.

1. nyordak17

nyordak17 my dream gun!

Mar 6, 2004
    ETiVAC
    Guys need your inputs here... tnx in advance!

If you will own just 1(ONE) pistol, and consider it as your all around gun... for range use, home defense and everyday conceal carry gun. what would it be?

tnx!:)

2. doctabako

doctabako Gun Aficionado

Aug 11, 2003
    Philippines
    The Glock 30. Awesome firepower in a pint sized package. :)

3. bagito

bagito tanod

Mar 7, 2004
    london
    +1:)

4. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Jan 28, 2003
    Philippines
    Glock 19.

Although practically speaking, it wouldn't be wise to have just one gun, especially if you use it for home defense. What if it needs to be repaired? What if, God forbid, you actually have to use it to defend your home. Afterwards, the police will likely confiscate it for some time while details of your case are being investigated. What'll you use for defense in this case if ever the associates of the BGs decide to make a second try on your house?

5. Vault Keeper

Vault Keeper

Sep 14, 2004
    The Vault
    My "Pony" Gold Cup...;a :cool: Any one in the family can easily use it, reliability, point of aim, stableness, ease of grip....PERFECT;)

6. Either a Ruger GP100 or SW 686 in 357 magnum with a 4-6" barrel, with 6 speedloaders loaded with either Black Talons or Golden Sabers.

That's 42 rounds of the most potent mankiller cartridges around... Can take down a bear, too, or aswang, buwaya, daga, pusa, askal, etc... ;)

7. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

Ditto on the Ruger GP-100 or S&W 686. But another useful gun to have is my 3.5 inch S&W Model 51 .22 magnum backed up with 2 speedloaders of Remingtong HPs and a wallet full of loose rounds. Can take down any small game animals with it. Can't eat the meat of any small animal shot by anything bigger. To date this has been my most useful gun and I have taken lots of bulig(catfish, different from hito) with it since I bought it from a fellow BOG.;f

8. paltic

paltic

Sep 11, 2003
    Para-Ordnance P13.45

1911 design;P (tumatanggap ng donated 1911 parts)
    Hi-cap(pwede armscor mags);)
    pwedeng pangbugbugan;e (bakal kasi)
    powerful ammo (.45);f
    compact (no need for bobcat):cool:

9. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Nov 14, 2001
    Delta Quadrant
    Well, let's see, the criteria are range use, home defense, and concealed carry: For me, it has to be a .45, high-cap, easy to conceal, reliable, and user-friendly (few controls to mess with) if I had to hand the gun to a family member in an emergency:

Glock 30.;)

10. Pepe G Boy

Pepe G Boy

Oct 20, 2004
    Philippines
    +1

11. ReccaH

ReccaH Let's Play

Oct 10, 2002
    Manila
    If its for defense, Glock 30 no doubt..

12. nyordak17

nyordak17 my dream gun!

Mar 6, 2004
    ETiVAC
    sir,

in what division can i compete using a G30?

tnx!

i guess you can ask some police assistance naman when that case happens. And ofcourse if you were to own just 1 pistol it should be one of the best... should be durable, reliable and low in maintenance to lessen your worry on damages and repairs. but you have a point sir, one should have atleast 2 guns. so if your not home yet theres a gun for a family member. but what if your budget is tight and you can only afford 1 pistol, that's my point. that's why i'm asking what is the best all around pistol.

tnx!:)

13. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
    IPSC Standard or Production, assuming walang ports ang G30 mo. But you'd be at a disadvantage on both. The former is a SA pistol event where the 2011 is king. As for the latter, you'd have longer splits due to your caliber. And for both, you'd be at a disadvantage on mag capacity.

You can probably compete in IDPA, Capt. Tuliao informed us two weeks ago that Armscor is pushing for accreditation just like IPSC

14. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter Moderator

Nov 21, 2002
    Dr. B. Eye
    awitan mo na lang yung glock 17 ni 9mx para meron pang-down siya ng open pistol! hahaha!

seriously, the glock 17 meets all your requirements but the glock is one of the harder pistols to master, specially for newbies.

the 1911/2011 pistol is no doubt the best pistol design.