close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

All local 1911

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by kontra, Jan 16, 2007.

1. kontra

kontra

Nov 7, 2006
    Guys,

I recently bought an armscor tactical hicap 45. I want it to be all local parts. Can you suggest any brand and shop (price na dn kung meron) that sells:
    - skeletonized trigger
    - spring guide
    - snag free sights (not really into the bomar style sights)
    - bull barrel (armscor is good, but always out of stock)
    - spare mag (standard length, not extended like what came with the gun)

Thanks!

btw, 2007 gunshow schedule

http://www.tradeshow.com.ph/html/events.html

2. Why do you want to go local on all parts anyway? There are some internal parts that are manufactured better by foreign performance firms.

3. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
    kung gusto mo all local, punta ka kay tony pascual. %100 all local, halos kapresyo ng imported

4. kontra

kontra

Nov 7, 2006
    thanks for the inputs (akala ko ako lang ang maaga mag internet,meron pa pala iba)

I just want to see if our local products can match up with the imported brands. anyway, do you advise against all local? am i out of my mind to think that the performance can be comparable to imported parts? i'm open to suggestions...

5. zorkd

zorkd

Sep 2, 2004
    .ph
    it's not so much as anybody perhaps would say that local parts are junk it is just that, sometimes...for a similar price you can get well known brand name parts that are made elsewhere.

the thing is, local parts need to price their products a bit more competitively if they are to penetrate the market, i mean, ibawas man lang nila ang cost of shipping, dapat mas mura na. kung sa metallurgy lang, i think pinoy engineers know as much as engineers from other countries, at least with regards to existing alloys and their use, investment casting, armscor seems to do a pretty good job but until they put a lifetime warranty on their guns, i am not about to buy a 1911 from them.

6. Valor1

Valor1 Pro Paingiver

Jul 6, 2003
    Urban areas
    agree. kaya urong sulong ako sa Armscor e. Sumasama lang ang loob ko dahil pareho lang ang price dito at sa US. Wala namang shipping at customs na babayaran dito. saka yung mga parts laging walang stock at di alam kung kelan magkakaroon.

At higit sa lahat, bad trip yang warranty issue. once they give lifetime warranties, siguro bibili na rin ako

7. kontra

kontra

Nov 7, 2006
    well, if that is the case, i would be forced to abandon my "all local" project. i would enjoy it as is out of the box for the meantime.

by the way, for a brief range report:
    - the sights are off. low & left.
    - 2 ftf out of 50rnds (was remedied by my brother, after that, no more ftf)
    - plastic grips are not that impressive, cant find a kamagong grip for the hicap
    - really have to put pressure or hit the mag to properly seat it
    - overall performance i find it ok just need to replace the sights

8. HEAVY

HEAVY "Verify!"

May 31, 2006
    i have 2 1911's that use mostly local parts.

i ss and 1 hicap.

both are armscor-based guns :

local ang frame, slide, barrel, barrl busing, hammer, fp, ambi safety, magwells, mainspring housing, guide rods, slide release, front sights.

ang hindi local beavertail grip safety(pero pwede din ito local), trigger, barrel link, sear, sear spring, lahat ng springs.

none of the local parts i've used are inferior to the branded/imported parts, as far as my experience goes.

except for the springs, the imported parts i used are there because i like the way they look, not because they are better than the local parts.

it gives me a certain satisfaction that the gun i use is pinoy made, mostly.

it would be a good case study if you can build an all local gun, para ma-prove natin kung inferior nga talaga ang pinoy-made parts, or which pinoy parts are inferior para yun na lang ang iwasan natin, yung maganda at matibay, pwede natin tangkilikin.

good luck on you project, bro.

:thumbsup:

9. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

Maybe due to flinching. Shooting low and left are classic signs of flinching. Mostly the shooter's fault, not the gun's.

- really have to put pressure or hit the mag to properly seat it
    That's the way with 1911s. I think most pistols are recommended that you slam the magazine hard.

10. kontra

kontra

Nov 7, 2006
    exactly my sentiments...just wanted to prove to myself that local parts can be compared with the imported ones.

11. kontra

kontra

Nov 7, 2006
    i got the proper sighting when i align the rear sight on the slide itself not the front sight for the vertical and the front sight halfway out the rear sight for the lateral. not what i usually do with my other pistols. then again, it could be me and still not having the "feel" with the 1911.

for the mag, maybe i just got used to my usp40 & g19 where in i dont need to slam them

12. mtho

mtho

Nov 18, 2005
    minsan mas mahal pa.yung ibang parts nya kapresyo ng imported na parts na binebenta dito. pag bumili ka ng parts sa us mas mura pa kesa sa mga parts nya.

Pa fabricate ka nalang ke Col.Bayang,Metrillo or TonyO. Mas sulit kung gusto mo ng Local

13. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Feb 21, 2002
    Philippines
    :animlol:

14. kontra

kontra

Nov 7, 2006
    if Col. Bayang can fabricate the sights and guide rod, then i will be seeing him after the gun ban. i have my sights in Col. Bayang and Metrillo.

thanks for the inputs.

15. MRV_G17

MRV_G17

Jan 20, 2006
    TOKYO
    mga brod, sino bang gunsmith ang mura tumaga... este, sumingil pala :)

nagbabalak din ako magproject ng 1911 eh.

16. mtho

mtho

Nov 18, 2005
    hindi ba novak style na yung rear sights ng armscor? alam ko meron silang gawa na parang novak baka mas mura kung bibilhin mo nalang sa armscor yung rear sights. yung front sight na fiber optic usually around 1,500 siguro.baka pwede rin imodify yung front sights mo para makatipid ng konti.
    si metrillo meron gawang recoilbuster, its a 3 spring system in place of the guide rod.you might want to look at before deciding kesa ma doble gastos mo kung pabagobago isip mo.

17. mtho

mtho

Nov 18, 2005
    palagay ko kaya sagutin ni Mco yung tanung nyo, tanung nyo anong parts yung tumagal sa kalikot nya yun na yung sagot:thumbsup:

18. toxic

toxic

Jan 15, 2005
    doin' time
  19. mtho

mtho

Nov 18, 2005
  20. HEAVY

HEAVY "Verify!"

May 31, 2006
    yes sir. twin pines owns the brand, armscor manufactures it.