close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

All about PTC

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by sundancekid, Jun 7, 2006.

1. sundancekid

sundancekid
    Expand Collapse

hi guys,

just wanted to know, how long did you guys waited to get your PTC? .... or what's the standard 'processing' time ba?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Wp.22

Wp.22
    Expand Collapse

one week for me

3. sugarol

sugarol
    Expand Collapse

A week or so.

4. batangueno

batangueno
    Expand Collapse
    Shock Resist

Remember that we will have national elections next year, so PTCs might only be good until end of this year.

5. sundancekid

sundancekid
    Expand Collapse

oo nga... and i just had my ptc renewed... lugi... :frown:

how much are you guys being charged for 'processing' of your PTC's? i was recently charged 10K.

6. MR_BIG

MR_BIG
    Expand Collapse

i saw sa gma7 kanina, baka no election next year coz walang budget comelec.

7. sugarol

sugarol
    Expand Collapse

Elections are held on the 2nd Monday of May of the election year. Election gun ban takes effect 90 days before election day, through 30 days after election day. So PTCs are worthless for 4 months next year, unless we can get a gun ban exemption issued by the Comelec Chairman.

8. st. matthew

st. matthew
    Expand Collapse
    c_w@_u_need_2_c

kawawa mga adik, di makakasinhot ng pulbura for four months :supergrin:

9. sundancekid

sundancekid
    Expand Collapse

:laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove:

10. Glock_19_9x19

Glock_19_9x19
    Expand Collapse
    Toink!

:rofl:

Anyway, the last time I've checked sa gunstores in Makati cinema square..P10k ang PTC..2 weeks processing..NBI clearance lang hinihingi sakin.

I'd stick to my M.O. nalang muna...

11. chocoboy

chocoboy
    Expand Collapse

Trust trade ata pionaka mura na processing fee... 9k. Pag dun mo binili unit mo, mas mura pa. 2 to 3 weeks na ngayon ang processing.

12. Astra22

Astra22
    Expand Collapse

mga bro, pasensya na for my newbie question.:)

PTT stands for Permit to transport. This allows you go to shooting ranges for practice, and must be a gun club member.
    I think this is only good from residence to the shooting range.

Does this mean you have to apply for many PTTs if you want to visit other shooting ranges? like one for makati and one for marikina?

PTC stands for Permit to Carry, this means you can carry your gun wherever you want to go. tama po ba?

thanks.

13. chocoboy

chocoboy
    Expand Collapse

Usualy, pag nagpagawa ka ng PTT sinasama na na lahat ng ranges na pinuputukan mo (all in one PTT). Kung di ka member sa mga ibang range, bigyan mo na lang ng pang merienda yung gumagawa... I bet hangang baguio pa abutin ng PTT mo :)

14. asian_glockster

asian_glockster
    Expand Collapse
    Hook Up!!!!!!!!

It took me almost two months..
    I paid 1,150.
    I submitted all of the requirements including the threat certificate validated by the RIID, NCRPO....
    I think during the election period when you apply for an exemption from the gun ban, if you attach the threat certificate, you will be issued exemption from the firearms ban..

15. batangueno

batangueno
    Expand Collapse
    Shock Resist

PTT is only valid from residence to gun club shooting range. If you want to get a PTT for different shooting ranges then you have to be a member of the gun clubs of those shooting ranges. Also, limited ammo can be transported.

If you are a PPSA member, a PTT will also include shooting ranges of sanctioned PPSA matches which are effective on the match dates only. More ammo can be transported.

There are restrictions for a PTC, most noticeable is that you cannot bring your gun in a public place. Para na rin sinabi na bawal mong ilabas. :freak: The old PTCs does not have this clause.

16. sundancekid

sundancekid
    Expand Collapse

bro.... you mean... you had your ptc processed yourself? as in no one helped you 'facilitate' your PTC? is it easy? laki ng savings kasi.... how did you go about it?

17. asian_glockster

asian_glockster
    Expand Collapse
    Hook Up!!!!!!!!

yes, I went personally to the office of the secretariat, ptcfor.I submitted all the requirements. the hardest part was the threat certificate. I waited around three months for the threat certificate. At least 3 background checks, 1 from the police station, 1 from the district and 1 from NCRPO. Initially, I gave around two thousand pesos to a police personnel assigned at ptcfor to expedite my application, despite complete documents. The problem was that after giving the money and around one month of following it up, he went on leave!!!!So when I called up the secretariat's office and said that my application was approved, I went there and paid Php1,150 (I used my qualification as a reservist, that is the reason why I only paid Php 1,150)and waited again for almost four weeks before I got my ptcfor card. At least if I will renew and or apply for another ptcfor, I think that I won't have any problems anymore because of the threat certificate.

18. sundancekid

sundancekid
    Expand Collapse

hmmm... madugo pala... i mean too many redtapes... :) bro let us know how it goes when you renew your ptc. thanks for the info :)

19. Glock_19_9x19

Glock_19_9x19
    Expand Collapse
    Toink!

Ang laki na-save mo bro..from P10k to P1,150.. :)

20. paltiq

paltiq
    Expand Collapse

.....e paano na yung P 4,150 na PTC fee na nakapost duon sa FED...dapat ay may OR ito na binabayaran sa Land Bank.:upeyes: