close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

albino buck ?

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by kwikrnu, Nov 21, 2009.

1. kwikrnu

kwikrnu

Sep 21, 2004
    Tennessee
    I just saw an albino 4 point buck in my backyard. How rare are these? I'd consider getting a license if albino deer is better than the regular stuff. My daughter took a picture, but it wasn't very good.

edit: I just found out it is illegal to kill albino deer in TN.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  2. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Jul 26, 2002
    In 58 years, and tens of thousands of deer sightings, from the rockies to the south to the west, in all types of hunting terrrain/s, I have seen one pure white albino deer. A doe. In Tennessee while hunting with realitives. My understanding is, if your going to see one, it is a better chance to see one in the south than here out west. Do not ask me why on that one. I do not know. :dunno: Just what I have learned over the years.

CanyonMan

3. kwikrnu

kwikrnu

Sep 21, 2004
    Tennessee
    The bus driver saw it in front of our house on Thursday. It was about 20 yards behind my house this afternoon. I'm hoping I can get some good pics in the next few days if it sticks around. Hunting season started today, so I hope someone doesn't get it.

4. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Jul 26, 2002

Good luck on the pics. ;)

CM

5. Travispitt

Travispitt

Apr 12, 2007
    Oregon
    there are quite a few albino deer around the area I live. I've probably seen 20 or so in the last fifteen years. some are partially white and some are all white.

6. Pure albino are the rarest and piebald are rare. Most will die soon and have a non-tactical advantage in the wild over the regular deers.

7. n0vember

n0vember germanolicious

Dec 1, 2008
    Germany.
    If you shoot a white deer, you'll die within the year...

8. Mouth

Mouth

Aug 9, 2009
    Kentucky
    Hope you get a shot at it (with your camera) before someone else does... There are a lot of really selfish hunters out there... Even if it isn't legal they will shoot.

9. Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  10. Hummer

Hummer Big Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Western Colorado
    Here's a couple photos taken by some friends of mine of a white mule deer buck that hung around Meeker, Colorado in 2006. It was kind of adopted by the townsfolks and given the name, Majik. I haven't heard what became of him but I'm pretty sure there's no regulation preventing the take of white deer in CO. Majik is a partial albino, properly termed "leucistic" as he has some dark pigmentation including the black nose and eyes. Piebald is a different kind of aberration that usually shows large black splotches on white.

I've never seen a white deer in the field myself but would certainly take one during hunting season. You can bet he'd become full body mount. Would look great on a platform on the wall of the cabin. :supergrin:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Nice looking deer, if I seen a albino or piebald, I would take it. One n 30K you say ;)

12. smokin762

smokin762

Apr 19, 2009
    Ohio
    The place my dad used to work was right behind a Metro Park. Some of the guys, including my dad would feed the deer. One day this little guy showed up. Sorry, these are older pictures and I had to take a picture of a picture in order to post them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]