close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Albany, OR 2011 Debriefing & Photo Thread

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Oct 29, 2011.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Please post your stories and photos here.

2. S.Kargoh

S.Kargoh

Drove down from seattle area late last night. I have not shot one round since bremerton match on sept 10 . Nor have I dry fired. I was kinda burnt out after daily dryfire prep for that bremerton match for a whole month prior (with little improvement, if any).

I got to the range at 9 am. Registration was quick. Went to my first stage and went to make ready. I had one magazine. All 10 preloaded mags must be sitting on the counter at home. Sinking feeling.

A very generous man let me borrow / share his mags. Saved my bacon for sure.

I shot 5 to g fairly well.
    Plates horrible.
    Needed a miracle on glock m. Shot all alphas there. RO said it was first he had seen in the match for both days.

Raining very heavily. But most of the time covered in bays. Pretty nice setup. TONS of tapers! Never seen so many. I love albany oregonners!

Tons o pics to come. They are uploading right now.

3. S.Kargoh

S.Kargoh

[​IMG]

A cool hill with rainy skies.

[​IMG]

Bays protect spectators and folks loading. Other side is range (right of bays in this pic)

[​IMG]

Stage setup. Range outside, enclosed bay area

[​IMG]

Plates

[​IMG]

5toG

[​IMG]

My glock M score. This may have put me in the sixties.

4. bansheex

bansheex

I'm the one that loaned you the mags, and your very welcome. Glad I could help you out. This was my first GSSF match, and I had a great time! I hope to make it next year! Great bunch of people!

Don

5. S.Kargoh

S.Kargoh

Thank you again, a million! It was nice to meet you!

I am just hitting seattle right now!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  6. S.Kargoh

S.Kargoh

What we will be seeing for the next 6 months.

[​IMG]

7. S.Kargoh

S.Kargoh

8. S.Kargoh

S.Kargoh

9. Beemerdave

Beemerdave

The wife and I were up in the area and decided to drop in on Saturday. What a nice venue they have! The sheds going out to the east are really great and they were serving free hamburgers / cheesburgers with all the fixins all day. Very nice! Very nice indeed!

My wife shot her G17 in Civilian and our G34 in Competition and I did the same but added my G30SF in Subcompact. The plates fell just fine with our 9MM 147 grain CCI Blazer ammo and the 230 grain 45 ACP really slapped them down. I made the mistake of going back to re-address a plate that had bounced back up and added about 2 seconds to my score. I found out you only have to knock them down once, after all. :embarassed:
    One pleasent surprize was to see a couple of sub 7 second plate runs in my paperwork. Don't think I had ever seen that before. Guess there may be hope after all! :supergrin:

I talked briefly with a fellow who had driven up from Brookings OR. That had to be quite a drive with no easy way to get out to Highway 101.

All the Range Safety folks were heplful, knowledgeable and pleasent. Great crew! Beautiful setting! Hats off to the Albany Rifle & Pistol Club. Thanks so much! We will try and make it back next year!

Dave & Dot Morris

10. bansheex

bansheex

I'm a club member and a RO. I drive 2 hours to get there. I think it's one of the best ranges in Oregon. We have a lot of activities to participate in.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  11. Triple Nickle

Triple Nickle

Albany was my first GSSF match and first pistol competition ever. I had a lot of fun and look forward to more matches in the future. The courses of fire were well organized and everything seemed to run like a well oiled machine.

12. wingspar

wingspar

We almost went, but found out about it too late, and we would have had to join GSSF and share my G17. Added another G17 just this week, so won’t have to share anymore.

Looks like a very nice facility, and I plan on attending some of their other events. It’s a very long 4 ½ hour drive for us, but it looks to be worth it.

bansheex... I’m looking to buy a shotgun. Never shot one in my entire 65 years. Does the range in Albany facilitate guys like me by renting shotguns, or otherwise allowing someone to shoot them?

13. bansheex

bansheex

I don't know about renting one, but I'm sure someone would let you shoot theirs. Here's our website.

http://www.arpc.info/

Check the calender and you can find the dates the shotgun activities are going on. We don't shoot shotguns to offend, so we bought a pair of Stoegar's O/U guns for like 399.00 ea. They work great for what we use then for. We want to go pheasant hunting soon.

14. wingspar

wingspar

Thanks. I looked at their calendar several times in the last couple of weeks, and they have quite a bit of shotgun activities open to the public which got me to wondering if they had shotguns for rent, or if it would it otherwise be feasible to shoot someones shotgun(s). It’s a really long drive for us, so I’d certainly want to shoot something if we went. I kinda have the feeling that I am going to have to buy to try.