close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Alabama Public shooting ranges

Discussion in 'Heart of Dixie Glockers' started by glockkramer, May 29, 2011.

1. Does anyone know if you need a hunting license to shoot on a public range if you are over age 65? Outdoor Alabama's web-site doesn't address this specifically. Their web-site says you don't have to have a license to hunt if you are over age 65, but the same website says you have to have a hunting or a Wildlife Heritage License to use the public shooting ranges and no mention of age requirements. My father doesn't go shooting much and I would hate to get down there and get him a ticket for not having a license. What to do?

2. Cobra6

Cobra6

Jan 20, 2009
    Tennessee Valley
    If you have any kind of Alabama state fishing/hunting license you can use the range -
    If you don't, you can get an Alabama Wildlife Heritage license for $10 a year - not too bad.

You can call the state park where the range is and ask them next week. But I can tell you that they have been checking a lot more than they use to at the Swan Creek range.

3. Cobra6, your opinion is that it doesn't matter that he is over 65 yrs., he still needs a license? I was thinking after I posted this last night that I should just buy him a Wildlife Heritage license and stop worrying about it. I have also heard the game wardens are patrolling the public ranges more these days. I haven't seen one personally, but I'm glad they are checking. Thanks a lot!

4. Cobra6

Cobra6

Jan 20, 2009
    Tennessee Valley
    Last edited: May 30, 2011