close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

al-Zarqawi dead

Discussion in 'The US Air Force Forum' started by frefoo, Jun 8, 2006.

1. frefoo

frefoo

Apr 4, 2004
    Northen VA
    All right Air-Force!!!

Way to go guys.

al-Zarqawi dead

Caldwell said Air Force F-16s dropped the bombs on the house, killing al-Zarqawi, 39, and five other people, including a key adviser, Sheik Abd-al-Rahman, and a woman and child.

While the collateral damage is something to perhaps "morn" one less leader in Iraq is a good thing IMO.

[begin edit]

I will not "morn" anyone that protected Zarqwai.

[end edit]

2. Fred Hansen

Fred Hansen Liberal Bane

May 19, 2005
    Good job Zoomies!!! :patriot: :supergrin: :beer:

3. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    I must say it felt good to hear "...by a 500 pound bomb...":cool:

4. Coltman2003

Coltman2003

Feb 26, 2003
    England
    Raising a glass to the US Airforce - thank you, and keep up the excellent work.

:cheers:

5. hokieglock

hokieglock Proud Infidel

fact is the easy part was done by the usaf. the hard part was done by us army SF badass MoFos. i'm not saying not to say go usaf, i'm just saying the us army needs some credit.

6. frefoo

frefoo

Apr 4, 2004
    Northen VA
    Of course the Army should get any credit that they are due. I will be the first one to pass on my thanks/congrats.

However this is an AF forum so all you "grunts" "squids" "jarheads" "bubbleheads" etc (see my post "Calling a VET a Squid") have forums to give credit where it is due.

The USAF forum "...is dedicated to the US Air Force..."

Which is why I posted it here.

I did not intend to "insult" or NOT give credit to the US Army by posting it here.

That said...

All right Army!!!

7. gunsite

gunsite CLM

Jul 8, 2003
    No Quarter
    GOOD JOB....but the left wing media is still alive.

8. hokieglock

hokieglock Proud Infidel

my post is misleading. i'm not an sf type, i'm a just a stoopud pylut. i meant united states army sf types not "us". i just wanted to give some credit to the army for zarquawi's demise.

9. frefoo

frefoo

Apr 4, 2004
    Northen VA
    Does anyone understand what hokieglock is saying? Call me "stoopud" I just don't understand his comment.

10. RussP

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Yep, I understand. Comes from where us fly-boys/girls get intel, from Army SF teams who work in among the neighborhoods using local contacts. Takes big ones to do that job.

This time, using that intel. AF got to come in and have all the fun dropping a couple of big ones.

hokieglock just wanted due respect given to those who made that possible.

Sorta like when I flew on FAC missions over the Trail many years ago. We'd fly for hours finding the targets, getting shot at in the process. We'd call for some F4s... They'd come in, we'd mark the target with smoke, they spend a few minutes on target, go home and get credit for the kills.

We'd confirm BDA, drag our butts back to base, debrief for the next FAC, sleep, get up, read the preceeding days intel reports about Navy/Marine/Air Force flight whatever had 12 confirmed truck kills, 4 37mm guns destroyed, 4 secondary explosions....sigh...nothing about the Nails that found them for the fighter/bombers.

Heck, just made ya want to get back in the cockpit and go trolling for more guns and huntin' for more supply trucks and fuel caches.

Yep, that's what he said.... Still though, GO AIR FORCE...DAMN FINE JOB!!!!! It did give me those old warm fuzzy feelings. :supergrin:

Understand now frefoo?

:cool:

11. hokieglock

hokieglock Proud Infidel

RussP, thanks for explaining that. Bronco's, O-2's, or O-1's? Either one, it took some serious stones to be a fac in nam.

12. RussP

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Mostly O-2s, Broncos came in as I was leaving. After 100+ missions in O-2s, couldn't warm up to the that Bronco...

It was my Last Mission transportation, however...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. frefoo

frefoo

Apr 4, 2004
    Northen VA
    Thanks Russ that makes it clear.