close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Al Mar Knives

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by RLB, Jan 9, 2010.

1. RLB

RLB

Nov 11, 2007
    Looking for information on Al Mark knives. If you have or do carry one what did you like and dislike about the knife.
    Thanks
    Rick

2. mitchshrader

mitchshrader Deceased

Jun 14, 2005
    Tulsa
    They have good steel and they're expensive. If you think quality trumps redundancy, they're good value. If 'two is one'..they're NOT the ultimate bang/buck win.

They make knives I'd be happy to receive as a gift, but to BUY?

hahahaha..

3. I have a Sere 2000. I like the blade profile and it is a tuff knife. However it is heavy, so I only use it in the field, not for edc.

4. D25

D25 The Quick

Jan 26, 2003
    I am fond of the ones that I own/ carry. I especially like the ultralight line for days when I don't anticipate the need for a folding prybar.

5. Hawk45

Hawk45

Sep 25, 2001
    SW OH
    I too have an SERE 2K. It is a great knife and well built.. it is on the heavy side but that doesn't bother me. Pocket clip is great but I do wish it was a little thinner in the grip. Overall great knives. You can find good deals on like new used ones on the forums.. think I got mine used like new for $100. So deals are out there to be had.

6. TattooedGlock

TattooedGlock NRA LIFE MEMBER

Jun 21, 2006
    South Texas
    "Light" is relative. I carry Busse and RAT and BRKT and the Al Mar SERE to me is really really light!

7. mercop

mercop

Jul 10, 2002
    PA
    I have owned all kinds of knives from production to custom. The knife I have carried everyday for the last seven years is the Al Mar SERE 2000. It is as close as you can get to custom in a production knife.- George