close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ak Stocks

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by ussoldier202, Jan 17, 2010.

1. ussoldier202

ussoldier202
    Expand Collapse
    Infantry

2. mrmedina

mrmedina
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Member

I never bought nothing from them, but I do use the site as a reference for equipment.:wavey:

3. pariah

pariah
    Expand Collapse

4. Jack Greenwell

Jack Greenwell
    Expand Collapse

I saw one at a gunshow, it seemed cheap (both workmanship and materials). I got a romy sidefolder and love it.

5. ussoldier202

ussoldier202
    Expand Collapse
    Infantry

I have a side folder on my SKS but want to do somethin different, Im wanting to get a collapsible m4 style stock, I think im goin with CAA. Also tryin to find a decent top scope mount instead of a side mount, unless a side mount is the best way to go. I already orderd my Eotech. I really appreciate any feedback. Now when I finally get out of Iraq I will have some toys to play with!!!

6. hoosier#17

hoosier#17
    Expand Collapse

7. War Hammer

War Hammer
    Expand Collapse

If you want a top mount, skip all the handguards with integrated rails. They simply will not hold a zero. Likewise with railed dust covers. The handguard and dust cover do not attach solidly enough to the rifle to be use for mounting sights. Unless you're just going for a look and don't really care if it actually works. An Ulitmak rail would be your best soultion (IMO)for top-mounting, with a Beryl-style rail as your second option and an aluminum quad rail as yout third.

As for the vendor you linked to in your first post, I would contact them and ask who is the maker of the stocks they are selling. That will help you better judge the quality and price. Also, where the stocks are made (country of origin) can be important for 922r compliance.

#7 War Hammer, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  8. .45Super-Man

.45Super-Man
    Expand Collapse

I went with a plum, warsaw length set from K-Var for the WASR. They are overpriced but they're the only synthetic stock set for the AK that actually looks "right" in my opinion.

9. WIG19

WIG19
    Expand Collapse
    Light left on

Completely agree, right down to the color.

ETA: As to a top-mounted optic that will really work, no bs, you would be hard-pressed to find anything better than the Ultimak, period. Also, properly installed, some folks report some measure of accuracy improvement, likely most noticeable on the guns thought of as being less than stellar in that department. My WASR will hit your little dessert-size paper plate, at 300m, where the full dinner size would've been needed before.
    :supergrin:

#9 WIG19, Jan 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  10. dglockster

dglockster
    Expand Collapse