close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

ak prices

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by Diesel McBadass, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

Apr 15, 2011
    Dover NH
    so, ar15s are back to normal around me, smith M&P at 650, windhams at 820, depending where you look. Pretty awesome.

Aks on the other hand are still through the roof, 950 for a wasr?

So, why is it the ar15s, sig 556s, fals, all drop and the ak still is sky high?

2. G23c

G23c

Jan 23, 2009
    houston, texas
    It does seem as if the AK inventory is much slower to recover.

3. barth

barth six barrels

Oct 7, 2011
    The Free Zone
    I think that's the key.
    AK prices will come down too in time.

4. pugman

pugman

May 16, 2003
    Wisconsin
    My 0.02.

Just look at how many domestic companies produce a AR15 of some sort. A friend wants to buy one and I told him the honeymoon is over...prices are starting to fall. AR prices are still high in my AO.

AK availability was spotty before Sandy Hook. My BIL and I finally jumped aboard last spring and it took a while to find an Arsenal and even then I know we paid maybe $100 more than we should have...but we have them.

The U.S has evolved into a flipper society. Homes, cars, junk yard finds and yes guns. There are a lot of people who bought Nov-Jan of this year sitting on weapons they overpaid for and are still trying to get their money out of them.

The problem right now is magazines and decent ammo at a normal price

5. WASRfan

WASRfan

Jan 23, 2008
    West PA
    Given the AWB threat isn't 100% dead, and that the premier can still pull EO's to threaten imports - I'd be surprised that any import/import-derived AKs will be easily found for some time to come.

The domestic ARs and other "EBRs" should be "safer" and so easier to find.

6. yeah but a great deal of that was anxiety about the election and who won and what would happen....SH was the thing that got the ball rolling on what they wanted to do.

7. John43

John43

Sep 9, 2010
    Murrells Inlet SC
    The SGL21 I bought early last year jumped 50% this year.

8. G23c

G23c

Jan 23, 2009
    houston, texas
    All over GB at $1200. :wow:

9. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

Apr 15, 2011
    Dover NH
    prices still suck just as bad, why is it 850 gets me a windham weaponry ar15 with some nice folding sights but it takes 900 to get a pos wasr with no muzzle device?

think ill go to a local shop with smiths under 700 soon

Last edited: May 18, 2013
  10. LSUAdman

LSUAdman Pew Pew

Aug 3, 2010
    Texas
    See, I was thinking the opposite. Centerfire sent an email out last night with the following in stock and ready to ship:

Polish AK hellpup = $599
    Polish Tantal = $699
    Yugo Underfolder = $799
    WASR = $799

There were other things too - Suomi's, Cobray M-10s, some no-name 1911s, but these caught my eye as being reasonable for the year.

Now, those aren't as nice as the prices last summer, but definitely a lot better than $900+.

We'll be back in normalish territory by the end of the summer, I hope!

11. Baba Louie

Baba Louie

Sep 6, 2001
    How many AK builders are there in the US that build the entire rifle, lock, stock and barrel (magazines as well) as compared to AR mfgs?

Get some parity in there and I'd expect prices to fall a tad. Otherwise you're at a disadvantage in terms of imported kits, parts, etc which are somewhat regulated by Uncle Sam, thus the old supply/demand paradigm.

Until the next scare, that is.

12. adamg01

adamg01

Jul 10, 2007
    va
    I think the market is slowing down and supply is catching up. The local sale forums are covered up with AK's. A SAR1 for $725 has been on there for weeks. That isn't horrible in this climate.

13. G23c

G23c

Jan 23, 2009
    houston, texas
    the market seems to have moved the lower and mid-level AK's up significantly.

14. WASRfan

WASRfan

Jan 23, 2008
    West PA
    The lower-cost AKs will be the first to be gobbled up by the panic buyers that are scrounging for ANY AK they can get. Same for the ARs and any other EBR.