close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

AK / AR price, quality differences

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Pier23, Feb 18, 2013.

1. mjkeat

mjkeat

Jun 17, 2009
    Midwest

Good thing you included the "usually."

2. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

Sep 24, 2003
    NoVA
    Train more.

Post less.

3. crazymoose

crazymoose Nonentity

Feb 9, 2005
    Have both. Like both. Anybody who can't get the job done with either one needs more trigger time.

To the OP, AR's cost more because they're more expensive to manufacture. The price disparity should actually probably be greater, but the supply of domestically-manufactured AR's is (or was, prior to the ban talk) reaching saturation, whereas the AK supply is drying up, with the scarcity of domestic manufacturers, and the ATF ban on the import of cheap parts kits/barrels. People are willing to pay more for the AR for accuracy, ergonomics, and the potential for customization.

4. Pier23

Pier23 Silver Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Thank you, Crazymoose, a very helpful comment.

5. RoughTexturedTrav

RoughTexturedTrav Spenser4Hire

Feb 16, 2012
    Rip City
    I'm going to use that train more post/talk less thing from now on. Burn! I own a sgl21 and a 6920 and the only thing i've added to the arsenal was a sling and a new trigger. I just saved a bunch of money on my F&*k S%^t Up rifle by switching to Kalashnikov :)

6. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Mar 20, 2003
    Land of the toothless!
    Quite frankly, I think you're lying. You sound like the typical chair-borne commando that has his ego wrapped up in winning an Internet argument.

If you had the experience with an AK that you claim, you wouldn't have said the non-sensical things that you've said.

I've trained on both platforms, recognize the differences, own both weapon platforms and can run either one without difficulty. They're just tools, not life choices.