close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Airline Travel New Twist

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Green Mountain Boy, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Ok folks I have a question regarding ariline travel that I don't believe has been posed at least not that I have seen.

"Does the person or organization picking up the tab for your airfair know or find out that you brought a firearm?"

I have traveled with a firearm perviously but this time a professional assocation is picking up the tab. I just want to make sure there is no manifest or anything else provided to the paying party that might out me.

Regards, GMB

2. dosei

dosei

Mar 22, 2005
    Upstate SC
    No, they don't. They get the same thing you get when you pay.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013

3. Just making sure. Thanks.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

4. They might see the extra baggage fee and as I recall united charged different for a long gun case, IIRC it was noted as sporting equipment like golf clubs or skis.

posted from my stupid smart phone, please excuse any spelling mistakes.

5. I frequently travel with a handgun in my baggage. It looks no different on my receipts and tickets. The only difference is that I declare the firearm, show it is unloaded and I sign the unloaded firearm card that goes in the gun case. Then, I hang around a few minutes to see if the TSA has any issues.

When I flew with firearms about 30 years ago, things were different. Back then, my suitcase with the gun would get marked on the outside with a fluorescent orange tag indicating a gun was inside.

There are other issues to consider when traveling with firearms and there is a sticky thread on travel with guns.