close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Airforce job advice

Discussion in 'The US Air Force Forum' started by nagant123, Feb 5, 2011.

1. nagant123

nagant123
    Expand Collapse

Thinking of joining airforce and goin for aerial gunner anyone on here who was or is one that has any good or bad things about the job?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. meeko

meeko
    Expand Collapse

Good luck! Generally there are more applicants for gunners than slots. Normally they require (or did) an initial entry in one of the maintanace fields related to that aircraft. (Spector C 130 I'm not sure of)

Good thing, once you get there you wont get paid for what you do but what you might have to do, Flight pay and various perks!

Bad thing, frequent (I mean all the time) deployments and odd hours at home on training missions etc.

#2 meeko, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  3. bluelineman

bluelineman
    Expand Collapse
    Infidel كافر

Remember the #1 rule, get everything in writing or it doesn't count. That would be a cool job. Good luck getting it!

4. Mwildt

Mwildt
    Expand Collapse

I heard a rumor that they weren't accepting any new enlistments for 1A7, only reenlistments not too long ago. You know what they say about rumors however...

5. nagant123

nagant123
    Expand Collapse

gonna try to get it through soft book program so i'll have a better chance

6. USAFRock

USAFRock
    Expand Collapse

well, the best part of being an aerial gunner would be to hop on a H-60, but more than likely you'll be stuck on a C-130 loading shells for a good part of it. Good luck

7. jetech

jetech
    Expand Collapse

You may want to look at jobs that may apply to civilian life. The AF is (or was when I was in) was designed (in my chosen field) to give give you some training but not enough to compete in the civilian job field. It required further training but it was a jump start.
    I don't know if the AF still operates that way but you may want to do some research before you choose a field.
    My AF job wasn't the most exciting but the jump start paid off.