Aimpoint t1/h1 covers

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by D4RWlN, Sep 25, 2012.

1. I have been wanting something like this to come to the market for awhile. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/719698632/io-cover-one-handed-built-in-lens-caps-for-micro-o

http://soldiersystems.net/2012/09/2...e-handed-built-in-lens-caps-for-micro-optics/

What do guys think?

* FYI, I do not know Mr Chen or have anything to gain financially by posting this.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Can anyone tell me who makes this Aimpoint T1/H1 mount? Black Rifle Forum Nov 20, 2011
    WTS Rock River Tactical Carry handle/Aimpoint mount Gun Parts & Accessories Jul 12, 2015
    Aimpoint H2 to be available in the US comes August 2015 Black Rifle Forum Jul 9, 2015
    Aimpoint H1 Price Check Black Rifle Forum Jul 7, 2015
    Aimpoint PROs are great till you need batteries Black Rifle Forum May 18, 2015

3. I looked into this last week. It seems to be a great concept which I hope pans out. I'd purchase one and give it a go.

4. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil
    Platinum Member

I saw those a little while back, the look like a really solid idea.

5. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member
    Lifetime Member

Not much point in having an AP that stays on all the time if you have to uncover it before use IMO. Cool design though.

6. Looks like an aspirin bottle...

#5 Airhasz, Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  7. True but the optic is not much use if you can't see through the optic due to rain water that has accumulated on it during low ready which I believe was the creator's intent. My intent for the product is simply to keep dust, dirt, debris, etc, from settling on my lens.

8. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member
    Lifetime Member

To each their own.:cheers:

9. :cheers:

10. I think it's a great concept for storage. I like the idea better than what is shipped w/ the optic. I have a hard time keeping track of those OE covers.

11. Too bad they couldn't have built it with a clear window on the rear cover. That way it could have been used with the front cover closed.

12. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil
    Platinum Member

Or clear inserts on both for use in driving rain/snow/dust etc.

13. Wow, it’s been a while since I’ve been on this forum...

D4RWIN - Thanks for posting this up here!

mjkeat, NeverMore1701 - Thanks for the interest!

Travclem - I agree. That’s why the cover is intended to be kept open with with the caps stowed most of the time. Only when it’s raining or whatever crap conditions you have to be in would you cover the lenses so they will be clear when you need to take a critical shot. If you don’t have to carry a rifle in the rain, then this product probably won’t make much sense. If you do, then this has been a long time coming as folks like Pat Rogers, Larry Vickers and others have attested to after playing with their prototypes.

Airhasz - Haha exactly! The goal is to “blend in” on Kickstarter. Unfortunately, white will not be available as a production color... :)

XDRoX, NeverMore1701 - Great idea, but clear caps would increase the complexity dramatically which would affect durability and cost. I want to be clear that this cover is primarily designed to be kept OPEN, and there are very few circumstances that you would take a shot with the front cap closed. And I think clear caps in the rain/snow would be just as difficult to see through as the exposed lenses.

The Military Morons write up has fantastic photos (better than I could do!) of the latest prototype, including the improved hinges, a more representative color, and applications with low and high mounts.

14. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest
    CLM
    1. The JBT's

Good work.

I'm not an Aimpoint guy but that prototype looks great. I operate in real world crap conditions including rain and snow. My first OIS was in a January in Colorado.

No rifle and no optic but the conditions are there, regularly. I deployed my AR-15 on a bad domestic a week or two ago and it was pouring out. My EOtech halo'd pretty bad. I ended up running my Troy flip ups and extinguishing the RDS for that very reason.

Great thought on this.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

15. mvician

Lifetime Member

The GOAL has been REACHED !

16. Outstanding!

17. Cochese - Yup, if you’ve been there, you know why it’s made... :)

mvician, D4RWIN - WOOHOO! And with over 2 weeks to spare! :)

18. Excellent idea that needed to made. Had been looking for good caps--hate bikinis--that didn't require a bulkier mount for awhile. Got in on it. Thanks.

19. This is my first introduction to this product and I'm glad you are making it. I'll definitely get one. I hate the bikini cover on my T-1!

20. Mushinto

Mushinto Master Member

I understand that the cover has been bought by Tango Down.

Any word on when they will be available?

#20 Mushinto, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013