close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

AimPoint Rail Mounts for Glocks

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by Northman56, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Northman56

Northman56

Oct 20, 2011
    Roanoke, VA
    Hello, I am a "newbie" to GlockTalk but not to guns in general and pistols in particular. I am a big Glock fan, in part because of the ability to work on them myself. However, I have been trying to "build" an "Open" class Glock 22 Gen 4 pistol for use in USPSA/IPSC competition. I purchased an AimPoint APM-1R Scope Mount that fits new generation Glocks with the accessory rails. Well, I have had a heck of a time installing it to the pistol frame. The tolerances of the Aimpoint Rail and the Glocks Trigger pin holes and accessory rail slot are just a "tiny" bit off. Anyway, after much cussing and fussing I did get the rail mounted. However, since installing the rail, the slide is MUCH harder to cycle/rack than it was previously. It was already a little bit of a problem ever since I had a Fulcrum Trigger set put in but it is much worse now. I think that the pistol frame is slightly "torqued" due to the hole alignment issue and is causing friction on the slide/frame when it is cycled. The only other thing that I can think of is that the trigger pin is replaced with a threaded pin supplied by AimPoint to attach the rail to the frame. Is it possible that this pin is slightly too big?

Anyway, I would appreciate any advice from those on this site. In addition, does anyone know of a good, actual gunsmith (not just an armorer) for Glocks?

2. Northman56

Northman56

Oct 20, 2011
    Roanoke, VA
    Wow. Never mind all you gunsmiths! I have pretty much solved the problem myself. Hoped I could get some expert advice on this site. Still, if anyone does know an actual qualified gunsmith that works on Glocks I would appreciate an intro.