Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Aimpoint PRO vs M68 CCO

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Sam Spade, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

May 4, 2003
    I was singing the praises of my M68 (Aimpoint CompM3) and the PRO got mentioned. I got asked and I was stumped. What's the difference between the two optics, other than price?

Anyone find anything wrong with the PRO?

2. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Nov 3, 2005
    Just from looking at it, I seem to remember it has fewer settings, and maybe something else I can't recall at the moment. I'm on my phone now, and can't really look it up.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

3. nitesite10mm

nitesite10mm Dog Lover

Jun 9, 2006
    North Alabama
    Well, it comes out of the box with a Picatinny/1913 mount so for under $500 you can install it immediately without added expense.
  4. imaguy3

Dec 30, 2007
    doesn't it come with two mounts? for different mounting heights?

just looked on their site... comes with a mount and spacer, so you can use it on a shotgun or rifle...
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  5. Think of an M2 with fewer settings and the Aimpoint mount included in the price.
  6. Newcop761

Newcop761 CLM

Jan 29, 2001
    In Existential Crisis
    Feature wise they appear to be identical.

I tried to copy and past but data didn't format correctly.

Check out the product comparison here:

Here are the only differences I found:

Battery life: The Aimpoint PRO battery life is 30K hours where the Comp M3 is rated at 50K hours. (My M2 is rated at 10K hours).

Both the PRO and M3 have 6 Day settings and 4 NV settings.

I have a M2 and it's rated at submersible to 25M/80 feet while the M3 and PRO are rated to 45M/150 feet.

The PRO is only available with a 2MOA dot while the M3 you have a choice of 2 or 4 MOA. The M2 that I have is 4MOA.

On paper I can't think of a single thing wrong with the PRO.
  7. SCSU74

SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

Jul 24, 2010
    The Northwoods
    the battery life isn't as good, it includes the mount as other have said, also has built in lens covers w/ the rear cover being clear so in an emergency you dont have to open the covers to shoot. has identical housing and is for all purposes the same. I have had mine about 2 months and it is awesome... can't be beat for $375