Aimpoint Patrol Rifle Optic

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by jnc36rcpd, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Anyone got a shipping confirmation yet?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Nope. I got this yesterday, though...

Your order contains merchandise that is temporarily on backorder. Due to delays from the manufacturer the backorder timeframe has been extended slightly. Please be assured that this merchandise will be back in stock and arriving to our warehouse shortly. We apologize for any inconvenience this delay has caused.

3. GT Distributors had them in stock a couple of weeks ago. They have one less than when I walked in.
  4. njl

You've got the dot sizes backwards. The EOTech's have a 1MOA dot inside a 65MOA ring. The Aimpoint PRO has a 2MOA dot.

I've got multiple Bushnell Holosights (guts made by EOTech), an XPS2, and a PRO.

I think EOTech's reticle is better / easier to use. If your department supplies the batteries, and will replace your battery every 6 months, I'd go EOTech. If battery life is a concern, the PRO wins hands down. An EOTech XPS will eat a CR123 in about year, whether you're using it much or not. The PRO, you can leave on for years on a single battery.

Another issue is NV compatibility. On the EOTech's its an option (pay more for it, or buy one that's not NV compatible). The PRO is NV compatible.
    #44 njl, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  5. Ahhh....I got it also. It was in my spam folder. Guess that means it is not shipping anytime soon.
  6. That's how I read it. The real question is if this or the pmags I ordered a month ago arrive first!
  7. Well....I only ordered the PRO and we got the same email.
  8. Different vendor and order... just also backordered with no ETA.
  9. This is what I use, but a 3-4 model. I have a PRO on a rifle at home. Doesn't seem to work as well for me.
  10. kayl

Pros should be shipping today or Thursday! :-D
  11. Yup....customer service emailed me that the shipment arrived yesterday and they would begin filling orders today.
  12. It arrived!
  13. kayl

Yup, playing with it now! I'd take it to the range today, but I don't think wifey would like me taking the 18mo old along! :whistling:
  14. Too cold?

:whistling: :)

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
  15. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

I started off with an M4 with iron sights. Then in a later incarnation when they all went to 3 round bursts, all the cool kids at Eotechs. So, I got one for my own AR. If I had to do it all over again, I would go with Aimpoint. It takes up less real estate and the battery life is phenomenal.

One thing I really don't like wbout Eotechs is that in bright sunglight, you may as well pop up the BUS, because it makes seeing the red optic a real PITA.
  16. Hmph. Now I need a new rifle case. This is too tall now! :supergrin:
  17. kayl

18. GumbyDammit

GumbyDammit Xtra CoCheese

So now that you guys all have these cool new toys, can you confirm the co-witness with the PRO mount? I've got a standard fixed FSB and have been running absolute co-witness with my EOTech. My brother is thinking about buying the EO & if so I'd pick up one of these.

Also, anyone run across current deals?
  19. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

With the AR mount that it came with, I have cowitness with my Magpul sights. They line up perfectly in the middle.

Sent from the Tardis using psychic paper.
  20. kayl

I'll take a pic tomorrow when I'm at the range and post it :)

IIRC, LAPG definitely has a Memorial Day sale and might have a Cinco de Mayo sale...