close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

aimpoint comp m2 and ml3

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by themighty9mm, Mar 11, 2012.

1. themighty9mm

themighty9mm

Sep 19, 2008
    MO
    Looking at laurue tactical, what is the difference between the aimpoint comp m2 and ml3? Maybe I'm missing something but the specs look identical other than the ml3 you can choose either a 2 moa or a 4 moa dot. What am I missing?

2. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    ML series Aimpoints are not compatible with night vision. M (no L) series Aimpoints are.

As you noticed, the M3 is available with a 2MOA dot or 4MOA - the M2 is 4MOA only.

The Aimpoint PRO is another option - 2MOA dot, 3 year battery life (as opposed to 5 in the M3), and a little less expensive.

3. SCSU74

SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

Jul 24, 2010
    The Northwoods
    Depends what you plan on using it or, but the pro has been great for me. Change the battery yearly just because haha.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

4. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    That Aimpoint Pro is one heck of a deal.

:wavey:

5. themighty9mm

themighty9mm

Sep 19, 2008
    MO
    HD, want to leave it on 24/7.

6. themighty9mm

themighty9mm

Sep 19, 2008
    MO
    Yea, seems you and me are in the exact same boat, both indecisive, both not 100% sure what we are doing, but want to do it right the first time.. WP has helped me alot aswell.

7. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    More like a Comp M5, since it's the newest model in the COMP series. There's a Comp M4, but it's quite a bit more expensive, and looks quite a bit different.

8. themighty9mm

themighty9mm

Sep 19, 2008
    MO
    When they say 3 years do they actually mean that? or just kinda close to 3 years?

9. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Put it like this: My M2 is rated at over 10,000 hours on setting #7 - which is where mine is generally parked. 10,000 hours is 416 days. As long as I dont accidentally leave it on 8 or 9 (9 is a killer) for an extended period of time, I can go about 15 months between battery changes. Yeah, if Aimpoint says 3 years, they mean 3 years.

10. themighty9mm

themighty9mm

Sep 19, 2008
    MO
    The newest but also the bargain model right? Has all the features of the M2 and more but not quite the same battery life as the M3... I think picking a optic has been more difficult than any other purchase I have made in a long while. Lol and I have only looked at 2 brands

11. Javelin

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    On the low setting that they are claiming it will. And then you swap out the battery and drive on down the road. Buy from an accredited dealer (not that company that starts with a B and ends with an H and definitely not tactical) and your unit has a 10 year warranty to boot.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  12. themighty9mm

themighty9mm

Sep 19, 2008
    MO
    Then I suppose the pro is the winner all things considered

13. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    It's not a "bargain" model, it's just benefiting from refinements over time making it less expensive.

3 year battery life is *plenty,* trust me. If you're worried, spend the extra to get the LaRue 129 cantilever mount, and keep a spare battery in the mount's storage compartment. Almost 7 years of battery life between the two. :wow:

14. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    I wouldn't call it a "low" setting, since it's generally rated based off the third brightest setting available. On level 7, my M2 is bright enough for everything but the brightest direct sunlight conditions when shooting outside.

15. Javelin

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    I was inferring to "not the high setting". I never pay attention to the clickies. I just rotate it till I can see it.

16. themighty9mm

themighty9mm

Sep 19, 2008
    MO
    Diddnt mean that in a negative way at all, sometimes I put things in blunt not quite correct terminology.

17. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Fair 'nuff. 8 will definitely put a dent in a battery, and 9 puts the Aimpoints almost into EO Tech territory....

Almost. :tongueout:

Not a problem. On the face, it does LOOK like a "bargain" model, but I have yet to hear of any significant issues with the PRO that would prove it to be anything less than a refined Comp M2/3.

18. Glock13

Glock13

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I bought the ML3 a couple of months ago and the LaRue mount. I like it a lot, but I am still an amateur when it comes to AR-15s!