close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

aim point or eotech..help me decide

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by lunarspeak, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am about to pick up my new DD AR-15..it is going to be geared more toward CQB and id like to eventually get an aim point magnifier ..the range im expecting to shoot at is up to 300yrds (im in the hills of N.C and this is about as far as I need)

ive heard the eotech is easier to magnify is this true? ..any help, pointers, advice???

and what models..i like the aimpoint patrol but the micro h-1 looks interesting too..

2. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    I love the EoTech reticle, I find it to be quicker on target.
    I have a XPS2-0, an AimPoint T1 & an AimPoint M4s.

If I could only own one,.......I would stick with the M4s, AA battery & it is a rock solid performer.

3. K. Foster

K. Foster

Feb 19, 2002
    Mo.
    If you go with Eotech, get one of the newer models with the transverse battery mounting.
    The Aimpoint PRO is an excellent value. It comes with a mount that is serviceable but not the best.
    I really like the EO circle-dot reticle for cqb distance shooting but overall, I prefer the battery life and durability of Aimpoint.

4. faawrenchbndr

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    If AimPoint would make a model with a reticle like the EoTech, I would buy five tomorrow!

5. mvician

mvician Lifetime Member

Jun 8, 2007
    NW Indiana
    it's a hard choice..........get them all!

[​IMG]

6. faawrenchbndr

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    There ya go Mike!

I picked up my 1st ACOG a while back.....Love it!

7. Trey83

Trey83

Feb 28, 2010
    I like the durability and battery life of the Aimpoint. I like the look of the Eotech reticle on my computer screen but in person my astigmatism makes it look like a blurry mess. There is no way I could use an Eotech. Even the Aimpoint dot looks like a starburst to me.

8. awdxtc

awdxtc

Jul 8, 2011
    PA
    I think the aim point is a much better product but then again I am biased. I used to work for L3 and well lets just say I am not a fan of the company. For the money the aim point pro is hard to beat. I just bought one from someone on ar15.com, like new for $350 shipped.

9. Aimpoints tend to be bombproof, Eotechs tend to have issues... Forget the reticle, buy works and go Aimpoint.

10. Pjd832

Pjd832

Jan 12, 2012
    South Jersey
    My vote is for the aimpoint m4....8 yr battery life left on at medium brightness ..nvd compatibility standard....Having used both in theater... I say aimpoint all day..:rock:

11. S*****4

S*****4

Jan 12, 2013
    I believe the Aimpoint is the higher quality optic.
    I have an M4S, Comp M3 and a micro H1 - ALL are excellent.

I also have an EoTech XPS2 that has performed very well, even though I have heard the occasional EoTech horror story.

For your range, the EoTech with the flip to side magnifier would be hard to beat.

But, the Aimpoint will still be of higher overall quality and battery life. Also will be lighter.

Go try them both, but you will probably fall to the lighter Aimpoint with a flip to side magnifier.

12. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    EOTech for me. Sure, you can leave an Aimpoint on forever, but the reticle of the EOTech is much faster for me. Haven't had a problem with the 512 or either XPS 2s I've owned.

13. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
  14. 03scgt

03scgt

May 23, 2011
    South Florida
    Aimpoint pro is really a hard deal to pass up

15. Gregg702

Gregg702 Gold Member

May 1, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Depends on what is important to you. I chose EOTech because I like the recticle. If you don't mind just a dot, the Aimpoint has much longer battery life. I also got an EOTech magnifier, and it works very nicely.

16. I'm in the Aimpoint camp. I have 2 M68s I own and have been issued the M68 and the newer Comp M4 and have had zero problems with them. The battery life is outstanding and only gets better with more recent models. I also have an earlier EOTech with the N1 battery that has a laughable battery life with hard to find batteries and a 522 that has a funky dim spot right in the middle on the window. Yeah, I could send it back to have it fixed and probably will one day when things here settle down but then again, my Aimpoints haven't had a problem at all from day 1 and while I do turn it off when I'm not using it, I'm also on the original batteries so that says something about battery life with the Aimpoint. Yeah, the EOTech reticle is "cool" and what not but it doesn't do you a bit of good when the battery is dead or there is a dim spot that washes out anytime it sees daylight. Go with the Aimpoint.

17. S*****4

S*****4

Jan 12, 2013
    Aimpoints are for the operators in the woods & hills.

EoTech's are for the operators in the MALL...

:supergrin:

18. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    I have an Eotech 512 and an Aimpoint Pro. I found the EOTech better suited for a patrol carbine and keep in on my patrol rifle, just my opinion based on taking some training classes with irons, and both optics.

I do love my Aimpoint, and for a rifle that would most likely see outdoor use and/or longer ranges I prefer the Aimpoint. I like the EOtech better indoors and my rifle sees more indoor use than outdoor, at least so far.

19. Cracker7

Cracker7 Team Glock

Jul 9, 2011
    New York
  20. Trey83

Trey83

Feb 28, 2010
    Not to derail the thread, but do any of you guys have experience with the Trijicon RMR on a rifle?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.