aguila 9mm

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by rubsy, Jan 27, 2013.

1. CDC estimates there were 30,000 death by gun shot wound in USA in 2007. If exstrapulated thru 2012 that would be a large sample to compare the validity of ballistic medium to human tissue.

So you could look at the reverse logic. If the current method of ballistc testing mediium was not comparable, it would have been pointed out.

The biggest point to me is that at worst you can compare different bullets to each other being shot thru the same medium So to a great extent it does not make any difference, you are comparing ballistics and bullets shot thru the same stuff.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #21 rustytxrx, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  2. Back on topic: Aguila is garbage. The Mexicans even hate it & it's made there. Worst 'Kaboom" I've ever seen was with Aguila ammo in a Glock. Having lived/worked in Mexico I know what "quality control" there implies. :upeyes:

3. OK, fair enough.

How about some details about the failure? Was the Glock damaged or the shooter injured, and if so, in what way? :dunno:

4. WTF does that matter? Are you Quincy M.E.?

Factory overload blew up the gun like a grenade. Beyond that is over your pay grade.

5. My, my, my, such hostility and bitterness. :animlol:

#25 M 7, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  6. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

Amen. I want a round that will penetrate a foot or so.

7. CareerCoach

CareerCoach WonderWoman

Rubsy, glad you asked this question. I've had what I think are problems with Aguila 124gr ammo, which I use in both my G26 & G19C. Mainly in the 19C I experience a failure to feed and sometimes a double feed. I've troubleshooted all the other possibilities and the only thing I can come up with is it's not a hot enough load due to the ports in the barrel.

I appreciate some of the other comments made here - the ones that are on topic at least... I come here for information, not for little boys in pissing matches.

For ****s Sake these threads wouldn't be so long if people actually just answered the *******ed question.

8. I've shot the 124gr FMJ Aquila in my G19 with no problems whatsoever...However the brass can't be used to reload 147gr bullets very well because of the canilure ring in the brass. Works well for reloading 115 or 124 gr bullets only....had feeding problems with reloaded 147gr fmj bullets...but the factory ammo was okay for me..:yawn:

9. Aquila makes some pretty good .22lr ammo, some varieties are extremely accurate in my savage markII, but I havn't tried any of their center fire stuff.

10. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

When I start reloading 150gr LRN bullets in my 9mm G17, I'll have to sort out the Aquila brass.