close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Aggressive Grip recommendations for competition

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by BuckyP, Nov 6, 2010.

1. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    PA
    I'm looking at grip recommendations for competition. The more aggressive the better. I was considering the Burner grips, which are grips that have the texture of skateboard tape. I've come across a couple threads talking about the Shredder grips. Best I can tell, these are from Larry Davidson, but they are not listed on his web site.

I am looking for something agressive, and a hard texture (no rubber grips). What can you recommend for a complete no slip grip?

TIA. :wavey:

2. rsxr22

rsxr22

Feb 25, 2009
    Youngstown, OH
    VZ Diamondbacks are probably the most aggressive out there. I use the Operator II's on a lot of my guns and they are perfect aggressiveness

3. cdunn

cdunn

Mar 5, 2008
    falls church,va
    I think I have a pair if green/black and a pair of brown,used ones, both ambi. safety cut ,I think I just mounted them and then took them off if your interested,send me a pm,
    http://www.simonichknives.com/gunner.htm

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  4. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    The Shredder grips Guncrafter uses have a VERY appropriate name I hear. :thumbsup:

5. +100, I have them and they are well named

6. drc767

drc767 Navy CSAR

Dec 30, 2007
    Tennessee
    Another vote for the GI Shredders......I have not seen anything anywhere near as aggressive. Great to shoot with.....lousy to carry with, for obvious reasons.

7. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    little nails hammered in from the back side of the grip ;)

8. earl simmons

earl simmons karate

Aug 30, 2003
    LBC
    Shredders. The VZs and true Simonich Gunners are nowhere near as aggressive.

9. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    PA
    Looks like the Shredders are the way to go. How does one go about getting them?? Call Guncrafter?

:headscratch:

10. TonyT

TonyT

Mar 14, 2009
    I prefer the ERGO grip. It is rough enough to provide a sure grip but neither hard nor abrasive.

11. nolt

nolt DONT PANIC!

Aug 4, 2009
    just email larry davidson. he will cut them however you want as far as ambi or bevel or thumb groove etc...

lazza@davidsonknives.com

12. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    I'm sure Dave (drc) can help you out with that.

13. ratrodfink

ratrodfink

Aug 6, 2010
    PA
    I have to agree about the Operator II's. Great amount of texture. I use them for carry on a couple of pistols and they always make me feel confident in handgrip on the pistol.

14. genecole

genecole

Mar 2, 2005
    Texas
    I would also check out vaya con dios grips. I hear they are extremely aggressive. Have also heard that the fusion special ops grips are very good. Both are also cheaper than the vz's if price is a consideration. I plan on trying the vaya con dios grips next week.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  15. drc767

drc767 Navy CSAR

Dec 30, 2007
    Tennessee
    Now THAT is funny.......

16. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    PA
    UPDATE:

Thanks to all the suggestions. I decided to go with the shredders. I've already shot two matches with them and they worked out well (and I didn't loose any skin off my hands). They certainly help the fact that I didn't do front strap checkering.

Here is a pic of them on my home built gun.

I'm sure I'll take flack about the red mag well, but these mag wells go for $170+ shipped, and I happened to win this one some years back.

[​IMG]