Again , HELP !

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by dango, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Got a pop up window ,(WINDOWS NO DISK) ! No matter what i do , I can't get rid of this . Can't X-it , always there!

What to do ?----------:dunno:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Male-ware installed by (Phone-Tech)...........? :dunno:

What to do .......?

3. I doubt if a phone tech told you to do this, it is MalWare (although it's entirely possible).

Can you please COMPLETELY explain(instead of 1 sentence and "what do i do" posts) what brought this on. When you ask good questions, it's much easier to give good answers.

Why did you call the phone tech?

What did he tell you to install?

Why did he tell you to install it?

4. Our PC was hacked,G-mail,E-mail,etc.!
    Called phone Tech. for Windstream and the Tech took over.
    He didn't ask me , tell me anything , he had control Of PC for a mere $99,s.......! :faint: Fixed..? :steamed:

HELP.....!:dunno:

5. /me sighs..

If you paid $99, call him back and tell him you're still having probs.

Good luck

#6 IndyGunFreak, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  6. Lord

Lord Senior Member

next time call me and I will get in there and fix it, explain everything I am doing and make sure it's either working, or tell you what you need to do to get it working. I'll even do it for free.

7. Are you sure that you called a real Windstream phone tech? sounds kinda fishy

8. There are scams being carried out by people posing as Microsoft, and other companies.
    They tell you there is a problem with security. They give you a number to call and go from there. You've been had.

9. I'm no expert, but I recommend this site. It's got some definitions and fixes.

http://www.spywarehammer.com/

Maybe you can find your glitch there and fix what ails ya.

gg.

10. Oooops,wrong info. Wife tells me it was an "independent" security Comp. ? Not Windstream tech. ! :dunno:Got phone no. off Face Book ?

Thanks and I will remember you ,Thanks.!

#11 dango, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  11. You gotta be kidding me?

Is the problem resolved now?

12. Well , I have some 405 gn. .45/70,s I want to try out so , problem is "almost resolved" ! :supergrin: Thanks and Yes , I've been "HAD" ! :dunno:

13. It may not be that deep.... You SHOULD be able to do a full restore (ie, the pc will be the way it was when you bought it, any files, software, etc.. that were added after that, will be gone).

How old is the PC?

14. I am not a Mac fan, but there are a few people in this world that I would recommend a Mac to. This gentleman is one of them. No offense meant.

Reminds me of my mother in law. She got a popup on her PC saying her computer is infected and if she entered her credit card number and let them charge $50ish bucks the computer would be fixed. She fell for it. :faint:

15. Are you married ? Many things happen totally out of my control (Between my wife and son), that I don't even know
    happened ! Need I say more ? I got off easy , could be much worse ! :supergrin:

Lesson learned:-Enable "Pass-word" !

#16 dango, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  16. Yeah, she could have paid him $200.