close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Aftermath

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by SCmasterblaster, Jul 3, 2012.

1. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    I have read elsewhere that shootout survivors should not talk with the police after a shooting. It is best to clam up until you have consulted with an attorney. What say you?

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    One of the more often repeated refrains here, bro. My advice is a five point checklist:

1: Explain the active dynamic that led to the shooting, i.e., "This man attacked me."

2: Further confirm that you were the intended victim, and the injured party was the perpetrator. I would use a statement such as, "I will sign the complaint."

3: Point out evidence, before it disappears.

4: Point out witnesses, before THEY disappear.

5: Answer any subsequent question with a statement to the effect of, "You'll have my full cooperation after I've spokenw ith legal counsel."

best,
    Mas

3. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    Thank you, brother SC Master Blaster, but that's up to our host, Eric and his moderator team.

Though if they do make it a sticky, I hope they'll edit the part where I wrote "spokenw ith" to the proper "spoken with."

This is what happens when they leave me alone here, without editors and without adult supervision...:crying:

best,
    Mas