close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Aftermarket RSA Spring Fit?

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by Keyhole, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Keyhole

Keyhole

Dec 28, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I put a low weight Wolff spring on a Jager polymer guide rod and the spring kinked like a snake. Everything should be gen 4 unless it got mixed up. Any ideas why the spring kinked like that?
    [​IMG]

2. cciman

cciman

Jan 19, 2009
    SW Ohio
    Spring is too long, or the diameter of the rod is too small.

Assuming you ordered the correct spring, and since you are using 2 components that were not designed around each other, I would conclude that the rod is too thin for your spring.

A ISMI spring may be better suited for your rod-- I would call Jager before ordering any more parts.

3. Jager1147

Jager1147

Nov 17, 2002
    Ronkonkoma, NY
    Wolff Springs are a larger inside diameter, and do snake on the guide rod. This does not affect performance at all, and many shooters prefer the Wolff springs over the ISMI.

Also, keep in mind that the spring cannot snake as much when the RSA is sitting in the channel in the frame when the pistol is assembled.

How does it perform?

Thanks, jager

4. cciman

cciman

Jan 19, 2009
    SW Ohio
    I was thinking the same thing.

If you consider other perfectly reliable firearms where the "snaking" of the recoil spring is normal (AKs, Tokerev, Armalite 180, 1911, etc...), you only notice the "snaking" because the Glock stock RSA is so finished looking .... it is, after all, an "assembly".

Then there is the FLAT vs. ROUND spring arguments.. :lol::rofl:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013