Glock Talk banner

After the Check is Cashed

5K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  SARDG 
#1 ·
Are there any "rules of thumb" for how long after Glock cashes my upgrade check until I see my prize gun? My ffl assured me they sent in the paperwork for a gen4 g35 on 10/19/12, and last week my check was cashed. Does this mean my gun is coming shortly, or does it mean my ffl just sent in the paperwork?

I know if varies, and I know I need to be patient, but hearing other peoples' experiences helps pass the time.

#4 ·
Don't remember the exact day I sent in the paperwork for my Gen4 G20, but my CC was charged on 7/26. Still waiting. Glock says to expect 150 days on award gun orders and not to call them about it before then.

OP- You need to check around the first day of Spring if you don't have it by then.

#5 ·
After discussing with your dealer, YOU should have obtained a copy of his FFL and sent it, along with the certificate and upgrade fee, to Glock. I always use priority mail with confirmation.

Glock deposited your check, but you do not know when they received it. You will be notified when the pistol ships.

#7 ·
After discussing with your dealer, YOU should have obtained a copy of his FFL and sent it, along with the certificate and upgrade fee, to Glock. I always use priority mail with confirmation.

Glock deposited your check, but you do not know when they received it. You will be notified when the pistol ships.
There are plenty of FFLs around here who won't GIVE OUT a copy of their FFL. Not sure why, perhaps they're worried about shenanigans.

Heck.... I'm fairly certain in the paperwork I got for my free gun, GSSF even mentions that if the FFL won't give you a copy, but in that case, "do this..... etc" instructions are given.

#9 ·
When my Father in Law cashed in his first random one, the gun shop he used had him fill everything and provide an envelope (stamped and addressed). They then took it all, made him pay the transfer FFL fee upfront and made it in. Took them a week before "the guy who takes care of those things" took care of it, and once the pistol came he hand to wait two weeks to pick it up because the "guy who takes care of those things" to actual be in during advertised hours so he could pick it up.

I got a friend though now who has an FFL and he just gives me copies whenever I ask on the condition I let him know when I use it. Only charge is he gets to fire a mag or two at some point.

malladus

#12 · (Edited)
Like Lethal Tupperway said, they are produced in batches. THAT can create delay times in you getting the pistol of your choice. Like DannyR said, follow the instructions on the back of the form. And Like Sardg stated, the instructions on the back state that you shouldn't bother them for about 150 days from the time you send the paperwork in.

But there can be PROBLEMS!
As humans we like to enure we have copies of anything that is dear to us; especially paperwork proving we are due a prize of great value. IF, well I'm sure like me, you made a copy of all the documents (except the FFL) to be mailed in. PLEASE MAKE CERTAIN that you mailed in the orginal certificate (with the red, white & blue flag). Any copies you made are useless to GLOCK. Without the orginal (as I understand it) they just wait for you to call in and get the bad news.

As the instructions suggest there may be a 150 day wait for the turn around but it can be longer. ENSURE THE FFL you provide does NOT EXPIRE during that time frame. If the FFL is going to expire during that timeframe you might want to look for another FFL or; ensure you update GLOCK with a newly signed copy of the FFL or the LOA. Again, if it does expire, remember, GLOCK is a busy factory and may not have time to contact you because you provided faulty paperwork that would create problems between GLOCK and the BATF. They most likely will wait for a phone call from you and receipt of an updated FFL or LOA before shipping your prized pocession.

:upeyes:This lecture is provided to insure certificate holders of GLOCK firearms get what they deserve when they win prizes from the friendly folks at GLOCK.:cool:

Reactions: DanaH
#13 ·
So I submit a post asking to hear about other people's experience regarding wait times after a check is posted, and while a (very) few people actually did just that the rest of the responses were: YOU should have got a copy of the FFL; you should read the paperwork; Glocks are made in batches; it takes 150 days and don't call them; follow the instructions...

Why not try restraining yourself from hitting the "reply" button if you don't have a relevant experience to share. If the paperwork or instructions said "expect to wait 3 months to get your certificate, then wait two months before the check is cashed, then wait 4 months to receive your gun" I wouldn't have posted anything. I just was asking "my check was cashed--is that a good sign or not?" If you thought it was a dumb question, don't reply. If you can't answer what was asked, don't reply. If you just want to say "follow the directions", which does not answer the posted question, don't reply. Forums should be a source of useful information, which, with some exceptions, is the opposite of what I got in this case.

#14 · (Edited)
So I submit a post asking to hear about other people's experience regarding wait times after a check is posted, and while a (very) few people actually did just that the rest of the responses were: YOU should have got a copy of the FFL; you should read the paperwork; Glocks are made in batches; it takes 150 days and don't call them; follow the instructions...

Why not try restraining yourself from hitting the "reply" button if you don't have a relevant experience to share. If the paperwork or instructions said "expect to wait 3 months to get your certificate, then wait two months before the check is cashed, then wait 4 months to receive your gun" I wouldn't have posted anything. I just was asking "my check was cashed--is that a good sign or not?" If you thought it was a dumb question, don't reply. If you can't answer what was asked, don't reply. If you just want to say "follow the directions", which does not answer the posted question, don't reply. Forums should be a source of useful information, which, with some exceptions, is the opposite of what I got in this case.
The instructions CLEARLY say, not to bother calling them if it has been less than 12 weeks (3 months) if you haven't received the gun (once the cert is sent in). It can take a long time. HOWEVER... how long it takes is directly dependent on if it is in stock or not. If the one you ordered isn't in, it has to wait until... guess what? Another BATCH is made. So the person who mentioned that was dead on accurate.

The check question I don't think is answerable. I expect that they deposit the check when they get it. The gun gets sent out when it's ready. Those might not be at the same time, and therefore no indicator of how soon you'll get it. You might not *like* that answer, you might think they should hold the check until they're ready to send the gun. I'd posit that GSSF doesn't have resources to do stuff like that, they just deposit checks, have your name on the list for a gun. When said gun is ready (right then or months later).... it goes out.

The information you received is pretty accurate. The people you're insulting are long time members here who are knowledgeable and helpful. You're not doing yourself any favors by being a jerk.

This is the internet. When you post something, when it comes to responses you have to take the good and the bad. If a post is helpful to you, good. If it's not.... skip it and ignore it.

#16 ·

Well hell, if that is all you wanted you could have done a SEARCH.:rofl:

#17 ·
GSSF can process credit card payments, but checks must be forwarded to the accounting department, which is in the building next door. Date deposited may reflect the date the accounting department received your check. Credit cards are not charged until the pistol is ready for shipment, but checks, which must clear before shipment, are not held back. Your pistol should ship anywhere from 7 to 150 days.

#19 ·
Thanks, Danny, that's exactly what I was looking for. Sorry if I was a dick.

Interesting that SARDG's CC was charged back in July but still hasn't received his pistol.
Dunno that answer, but I ordered 2 guns at once and one came in about 7-8 weeks. Truthfully, I expect that Glock's system sometimes, is that they don't have a system.

Clearly, award Glock's aren't for those in a hurry. Being as the price is right, and that I have another dozen Glocks, I simply put a reminder in my calender 5 months out to worry about it then. Anything before that is gravey.

Oh... 'still hasn't received her pistol.' :)

#22 ·
I had one certificate entered into the system 10/2/12 for a Gen 4 G-20 and one certificate entered 11/14/12 for a Gen 4 G-35. Glock is quoting 150-180 days for shipping, I was informed in the same e mail that the Gen 4 G-20 will not be shipping for commercial orders until the end of January at the earliest. This information was as of 12-06-12 six days ago.

#24 ·
I had one certificate entered into the system 10/2/12 for a Gen 4 G-20 and one certificate entered 11/14/12 for a Gen 4 G-35. Glock is quoting 150-180 days for shipping, I was informed in the same e mail that the Gen 4 G-20 will not be shipping for commercial orders until the end of January at the earliest. This information was as of 12-06-12 six days ago.
Well guess what showed up today. My GEN 4 G-35. I put 125 rounds of my handloads down range today.I think it's a "keeper".All rounds fired at 20 yards. The head shots were slow fired and the bottom 20 rounds were rapid fire for 15 rounds,drop the magazine reload an then 5 more rounds.I might have to put an RMR on it and use it in Unlimited.

#25 · (Edited)
When my Father in Law cashed in his first random one, the gun shop he used had him fill everything and provide an envelope (stamped and addressed). They then took it all, made him pay the transfer FFL fee upfront and made it in. Took them a week before "the guy who takes care of those things" took care of it, and once the pistol came he hand to wait two weeks to pick it up because the "guy who takes care of those things" to actual be in during advertised hours so he could pick it up.

I got a friend though now who has an FFL and he just gives me copies whenever I ask on the condition I let him know when I use it. Only charge is he gets to fire a mag or two at some point. malladus
In SA, TX?

ETA- OP, delivery times on my guns have varied and as mentioned earlier, it was a factor of what type/generation I ordered. My 21sf was slow, my 32 was fast. I think it was because the 32 wasn't a big mover.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.