close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

After 9/11, How many of Us Said, "I wish I could go back..."

Discussion in 'Veteran's Forum' started by RussP, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Patricia

Patricia Wild at heart Millennium Member CLM

Apr 5, 1999
    Flagstaff, AZ
  2. redwinger

redwinger

Oct 7, 2003
    I was more out raged and readdy to re enlist back when desert storm was brewin in 90-91.I GUESS I JUST WASENT THAT SUPRIZED!almost felt like why didnt they try that before(they did but from underground at the twin towers, and we all know that was unsucessful.

3. TScottW99

TScottW99 NRA Life Member

Jul 15, 2002
    Roanoke, VA
    I went through the emotions. I wanted to go something bad, felt quilty that I was not there, still know too many people who are over there. My wife and family would have divorced me though. Mom called shortly after and told me not to even think about it I had served my time.

4. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Nope, I bet your Mom called and threatened to sell your turkey guns if you left!!;f ;f ;f

5. shrpnl

shrpnl

Apr 30, 2004
    Herculaneum, MO
    When I head about 9/11, I was ready to quit my job and join back up. Unfortunatley my brain and doctor told me that it wouldn't be a good idea with the injuries I sustained the first time around. Like many of you said, I miss the comraderie and sense of purpose the Military gave me.

6. TScottW99

TScottW99 NRA Life Member

Jul 15, 2002
    Roanoke, VA
    She did that during Bosina! ;f Well pretty much. My Lt. called the house on Christmas Eve and asked if I would volunteer to go to Bosnia. Don't think I've ever seen her so mad ;g when I said yes.

7. big grip

big grip APC & Proud!

Oct 10, 2003
    CO
    I wish I could get back into the Corps.

I bet I could show the pups a few "veteran moves" with a mortar too!

8. truckstop cop

truckstop cop

May 3, 2003
    TN
    i was in the navy at the time,as a matter a fact i was on watch in the engine room of an aircraft carrier,and did not find out about what happened until 3 hours afterwards.and my first thought was they better not pull my retirement,and i have not looked back since.i would not trade my time in the military for anything, i did my time. to ask me if i would go back in now for any reason ,i say hell no!!
    i will fight any war i need to right here in my own town,but i will not go to the armpit of the universe for anyone..
    dont get me wrong ,i am proud of my service and my country,but this is just how i feel..

9. CheesyD

CheesyD Nyet to Marxism

Oct 7, 2001
    Under God
    I called my local recruiter after 9/11 but was told due to my age and hypertension it was a no go.

10. 917MDS

917MDS

Jan 30, 2004
    East Texas

This is one of the reasons I stay in.