close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

AF Combat Aircrew Sidearm today

Discussion in 'The US Air Force Forum' started by nobody123, Mar 25, 2007.

1. nobody123

nobody123

Jul 13, 2005
    What is the issue sidearm for Combat Aircrew Members these days? We had 2-3/4" 38's in the old days (pre Berretta)

Does the AF allow personal substitutions, as long as you use the mil-spec/issue ammo?

I sure wish I had a G-19 and/or a G-26 when I was on a Combat Crew.

2. meeko

meeko

Apr 15, 2006
    I just retired after 21 years in the Security Police/Forces (15 years active duty) so I've worked with an aircrew or two as well as been a CATM instructor.
    By policy the standard issue for USAF aircrews is the Beretta M9 9mm. When I was with a B 52 unit during the 91 gulf war the S&W M 15 38 revolver was used by the aircrews (as well as us until late 1991). The M9 was phased in throughout the early 90's.

I can't say for sure if anyone violated policy or not by carring any other make. Even if they did it wasn't my buisness!

3. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    Far as I know (and have seen intermittently) it's all M9s.

4. DMF

DMF P33

Jan 19, 2003
    Nomad
    No.

5. EH3

EH3

Oct 4, 2005
    Glock advertises in their catalog that the G19 is used by USAF pilots, and I've talked to one ANG pilot who said he "thought" the glock was what he carried. (Don't ask why or how he wouldn't know) But other than that the M9 is what I have always seen/been told.

6. hokieglock

hokieglock Proud Infidel

<-------AF pilot, never seen anyone carry anything but M9's, specs ops guys not included.