close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Advise

Discussion in 'Business Forum' started by BUZ, Aug 9, 2006.

1. BUZ

BUZ
    Expand Collapse

I need some advise, We have a small shop, we do coating on firearms,and repair also,we have a small inventory of guns and accesorys.
    We are a FFL dealer, we operate evenings and weekends,and yes we still work our regular 40 hrs.jobs.All of the equipement and inventory is paid for.We have been in business for two years.It has been tough to make ends meet!We do not have the capital for a lot of guns

We live in a town with app 200,000. We have to compete with Walmart,Big 5, Academy. One large gun shop and two smaller ones, so that makes the market tough
    So any ideas or advise would be greatly appreciated

Thanks BUZ

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Texas Boy

Texas Boy
    Expand Collapse

Buz, what shop are you. TX Tactical? I ask because I am also in Lubbock. What kind of coatings do you do?

3. BUZ

BUZ
    Expand Collapse

4. geminicricket

geminicricket
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life member

An FFL in Lewisville is owned by a guy who is also a two-career individual. His web site is www.sportingarms.com. He has a day job, and his stay-home wife run the shop while he's at work.

Another gun shop in Fort Worth concentrates on moving a high volume of cheap foreign military surplus guns through a storefront.

Both business models can succeed.

Get control of your business model, control your spending, improve your advertising and customer service, and you will make ends meet.

I've been surfing gun boards and mfgr sites on the web for 5 years and I've never heard of your shop.
    Study guerrilla marketing, implement it, get the word out.

5. BUZ

BUZ
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for your time and your advise!!

6. 44>hunter

44>hunter
    Expand Collapse