Advice on back or field packs

Discussion in 'GATE Survival & Preparedness' started by Kentguy, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Hi JC Refuge,

I was interested in your thoughts on a really good (I guess you call them) bug out bags, back packs or as we used to call em field packs.

My wife and I have the house sturdy & secure, good amount of provisions ect. However in the event (God Forbid) that we have to "take this act on the road". We would like a lite weight, durable, pack, Oh she added lots of pockets... go figure :shakehead:

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Springfield GI Champion: any advice? 1911 Forums Jun 2, 2013
    Advice From Garfield The Lighter Side Jun 8, 2004
    G22 Police trade in buyer advice General Glocking Today at 12:19 AM
    Why yes, I AM asking for medical advice on a gun forum The Okie Corral Sunday at 12:50 AM
    Case pocket knife rust issue. Advice? Edged Weapons & Related Items Thursday at 2:06 PM

3. JC Refuge

Hi Kentguy. I'm partial to Maxpedition Hard Use Gear. They have a robust bag or pack for every use or application you can think of.

Safecastle is a Maxpedition dealer though at the moment we're moving some old inventory so we don't have many of their products listed.

Nonetheless--I suggest you go to Maxpedition's site (maxpedition.com) and find what seems to best fit your health/fitness profile, bag carrying capacity, your load expectations, and preferred method you anticipate using to pack and hump your bug-out belongings.

Specific bag or pack type is really about what is comfortable for you based on your specific circumstances. But as for a reliable brand--you can't go wrong with Maxpedition.