Advice on back or field packs

Discussion in 'GATE Survival & Preparedness' started by Kentguy, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Hi JC Refuge,

I was interested in your thoughts on a really good (I guess you call them) bug out bags, back packs or as we used to call em field packs.

My wife and I have the house sturdy & secure, good amount of provisions ect. However in the event (God Forbid) that we have to "take this act on the road". We would like a lite weight, durable, pack, Oh she added lots of pockets... go figure :shakehead:
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Springfield GI Champion: any advice? 1911 Forums Jun 2, 2013
    Advice From Garfield The Lighter Side Jun 8, 2004
    Looking for your advice on on possible future Black Rifle purchase. Black Rifle Forum Yesterday at 8:17 PM
    G43 holster advice? Carry Issues Sunday at 10:24 PM
    Glock Ammo No-No's? Advice wanted. General Glocking Sunday at 8:00 PM

3. JC Refuge

JC Refuge GT Sponsor
    Staff Member

Hi Kentguy. I'm partial to Maxpedition Hard Use Gear. They have a robust bag or pack for every use or application you can think of.

Safecastle is a Maxpedition dealer though at the moment we're moving some old inventory so we don't have many of their products listed.

Nonetheless--I suggest you go to Maxpedition's site ( and find what seems to best fit your health/fitness profile, bag carrying capacity, your load expectations, and preferred method you anticipate using to pack and hump your bug-out belongings.

Specific bag or pack type is really about what is comfortable for you based on your specific circumstances. But as for a reliable brand--you can't go wrong with Maxpedition.