close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Advice needed about Honda Civic

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by HydraShok, Jul 19, 2007.

1. HydraShok

HydraShok Millennium Member

May 30, 1999
    Hey all,

I am not mechanically savvy at all. I recently test drove a 1994 Honda Civic DX Hatchback and it drove well. I was thinking I might buy it but decided to run a carfax on it first. The report indicated that the vehicle had been in 2 crashes, one was listed as severe. Is it possible to fully fix a car crashed bad enough to warrant being listed as severe? I really liked the car and I need a car at this point as mine is breaking new things every week, but I don't want to get something that isn't going to be safe for me and my son.

2. bps72

bps72

Jul 12, 2007
    If you have no mechanical skills, don't buy something that has had troubles in the past. Fenderbenders are a different matter than straightening out a unibody from a serious crash. Aren't there other decent cars with fewer than 170K miles available? See about getting a mechanic to give you an opinion on whatever you buy, unless he stands to make big bucks off of a lemon.