close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Advantage Tactical Sights Holster options

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by boonsht, Jul 2, 2010.

1. boonsht

boonsht

May 25, 2005
    Illinois, USA
    I'm really interested in getting this sight system but i'm afraid the front sight would be too tall. I have a few kydex holsters which seem to have adequate height clearance But I'm not sure about the SF 6004. I was hoping to place it on my G 19 3rd gen in my Safariland 6004 holster. Would it clear?

Tried the search function but nothing conclusive.

2. ren

ren

Jun 17, 2008
    Boonsht, we've had very few holsters problems with the ATS.. Should there be a holster issue at all, it'll be with front sight drag. I once had some front sight drag with a Fobjus holster (these holsters are tight) and a Sig 229. I filed off about .002" of material from the inside of the holster where the drag was occurring and that resolved the problem and no one was the wiser. In the very rare event of front sight drag, this is an easy and inexpensive option.

ren
    blog.advantagetactical.com

3. boonsht

boonsht

May 25, 2005
    Illinois, USA
    Thanks for the response, ren. Will be ordering one soon.

4. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    I have these sights on a Glock 17, and have been extremely pleased with them. No holster issues so far, with any number of IWB/OWB holsters.