close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Advantage arms conversion problem, any suggestions

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by Superheat, Feb 26, 2009.

1. I just tried out my advantage arms .22 conversion for my G19. I had two double feeds out of about 8 magazines. I'm using cci minimags. What should I check or try to fix this.

2. kelsitone

kelsitone Armed & Safe

Nov 7, 2006
    SW OH
    I've used nothing but Remington Golden Bullets in mine.
    I had a lot of jams with it at first. Then I stopped lubing it like a GLOCK. They like to run wet. Since I started, what I consider, drowning mine in oil, it's been great.

3. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

Dec 17, 1998
    Minnesota
    Yup, shoot it some more, and if it keeps happening, call AA. They've always been very helpful...

:patriot:

4. lclick

lclick Glockaholic

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central Florida
    +1 on the heavy lube. When I oiled mine like a Glock, I had a lot of feeding problems. They like to run "wet". I oil mine generously and have no more problems.

5. dan8402

dan8402

Jan 13, 2009
    SW Ohio
    I recommend selling it to me at a discount since it doesn't work :)

6. haku_gin15

haku_gin15 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jan 26, 2009
    Seabeck, WA
    Broken. I'll give ya $20 for it.

And I guess I'll pay for shipping too.

:rofl:

7. WadeP

WadeP

Dec 11, 2002
    San Marcos, TX
    Remington golden bullets in the bulk pack.

8. If I can't get it to feed properly you may want to check the garbage can at my local range, it will be in pieces.

9. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

May 19, 2008
    The Gunshine State
    I recently put up a range report on the kit for my G19. check it out, it might help, my issue with the double feeds was the newer style magazine that came with it. It runs 100% with the older style mag and CCI Mini Mag ammo. Doesn't like federal ammo, likes the golden bullets from remington.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1008044

10. bustedknee

bustedknee Curmudgeon

Aug 1, 2001
    Wythe County, VA
    My advice is to sell it to dan8402 then buy a Ruger Mark III.
    http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/FAFamily?type=Pistol&subtype=Rimfire Autoloading&famlst=55

Then you will own 2 very reliable guns not 1 reliable pistol and 1/2 of an iffy gun.

After you get the Ruger you can carry both pistols afield. The Glock for defense and the Ruger for plinking.

The main argument I hear for the conversion is for cheap practice with the Glock.
    I say any practice is good practice. Trigger control, aiming, both will be improved just as much with the Ruger.

11. why

why

Oct 24, 2008
    1st 2 responses were correct. lotsa lube and call AA if you have a prob. good folks and will stand behind their products.

12. tango44

tango44

Jun 16, 2005
    Miami Florida
    Are you sure this are double feeds or Failure to extract?
    Mine had problems with FTE because of too much dry fire, the firing pin was hitting against the upper part of the chamber and cause a little protuberance that was holding the spent brass in the chamber, called AA and I sente the kit back and they rectified the barrel chamber and changed the extractor and springs on it, free of charge.
    Mine runs great on CCI MiniMags and Aguilas HV 40 grain bullets, avoid Blazer mines does not like it.

13. tantone56

tantone56 Love my G23!!!

Sep 30, 2008
    Toms River NJ
    Not to hijack your thread, but mine is giving me problems too. The firing pin is not striking hard enough to fire the bullet. The guy at the range said there might be some grime in the slide that is preventing the firing pin from coming out all the way. I have no idea on how to take this slide apart to clean. Anyone know?

14. Now worries, Jump in lets ring out the problems with the conversion kits.

15. You may be right. All i know is there is a shell in the chamber and one wedged in the slide right behind it. I was on the clock so I just dumped the mag cleared it and got it going again. I will number my mags and go to the range this weekend where I can spend some time disecting this. I will post a range report. Any chance that I was loading the mags wrong?
    I THINK I'LL TAKE THE CAMERA SO I CAN POST SOME PICS.
    oh, I only dry fired two time just to get the slide off my gun. Is there a limit on how many times you can change the slide?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  16. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Aug 20, 2002
    Virginia
    --------

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  17. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA CLM

Jan 24, 2004
    Double feed is usually a magazine issue. If you have multiple magazines, mark them so you know if the issue is with a perticular magazine.

FTE, on my AA is because of dirty chamber or bad ammo. A bur on the chamber from dry firing would also make sence.

Ammo, I have trued everything in my kits. High powered stuff worked. Good grade target stuff worked. A pile of other stuff didn't work. Then I had my barrels threaded and it changed things when I use the suppressor. I need go go back through the ammo to verify what works and what doesn't.

Lastly, if you are having issues after the first 500-1K of ammo (break in time). Talk to AA, they will make it right.

18. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    Opinions and questions in red.

19. I made it to the range today to get some answers to the advantage arms problem. It seems the biggest or only problem is the extraction. Here is what I know:
    1. I shot or attempted to shoot 6 full magazines of CCI mini mags. Every magazine jammed every time.
    2. Almost every time the first round fired and would not cycle the second.
    3. About half of the time after clearing the jam the magazine would cycle the balance of about 8 rounds ok. Half the time it jammed again.
    4. American eagle ammo will not cycle at all. My S&W .22 likes it though.
    5. I oiled the slide rails heavy and around the barrel.
    6. I had one failure to fire due to what looked like a light strike.
    I'm ready to ask for a refund, the money can go to annother .22 that will work. Each one of the pictures were and individual jams.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  20. What should I do? Call Advantage?

Attached Files: