close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Advantage arms 22 LR conversion : Most reliable ammo?

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by CDR_Glock, Dec 23, 2011.

1. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock

Apr 1, 2010
    Virginia
    I have a 22 LR conversion for my Glock 23 by Advantage Arms.

Federal Auto-Match is the worst for mine. Federal Bonus pack is acceptable but still has FTEs.

CCI-Mini Mag and Stingers work well for my Walther P22. 150 rounds without one failure. I have to buy more ammo to see what works best for the Glock conversion. What is your absolutely best for reliability?

Edit:

This is the list recommended by the manufacturer:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  2. IBreakStuff

IBreakStuff

Jan 30, 2010
    the 32nd state
    I have the same kit you do, but use it on a G19. 40grn mini mag solids is the way to go been flawless for 2,300 rds, and is the only recommended ammo for the 25rd mags. Don't forget to lube properly(more than you would w/o the kit).

3. BIG-DOG

BIG-DOG

Mar 24, 2010
    Remington Goldens work great, just the occasional dud. Its the only thing they do work well in.

4. I follow the manufactures recommendations and they work fine.

Tried some federal bulk pack once and it worked like crap.

5. Rem GB's for me. Occasionally there will be a FTF, but that's okay, it just a fun conversion, not going to depend on it for anything.

Well worth the money invested to make lots of noise and smiles. I can shoot for hours and spend next to NOTHING with my G23

6. Wash-ar15

Wash-ar15

Sep 15, 2007
    I just got mine last week and it works well with the remington GB. I t also works well with Wal mart Fed bulk pack but I have to be careful not to rub the slide with my thumb as that seems to slow down the slide and cause a ejection failure.

7. DEADEYEGUY

DEADEYEGUY

Aug 22, 2009
    As others have said Remington GB works great in mine. I've used the Mini-Mags and it does shoot tighter groups. But the GB is fine for almost anything you do so why pay for the more expensive stuff. I've tried the Federal Bulk Pack and a few others. Stick with those they recommend.

8. Snooch..!!!

Snooch..!!! señor snooch..!

Aug 30, 2011
    Texas
    Wondering this myself...

I have a kit for my G23 Gen 3.

I bought Remington Golden Bullets and have had issues. Not a "lot" of issues but enough to call it unreliable. I have had failure to feed (mostly) and failure to eject, but no fail to fire. And I get one or two of these about every other mag so far. I am about half way through a box of 550 right now.

9. bentbiker

bentbiker NRA Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Orange County, CA
    Most people see an improvement after 500-1000 rds of break-in. And don't forget to lube it heavily.

10. Swamprattler

Swamprattler

Mar 23, 2008
    Michigan
    Over 10,000+ rounds through mine, and it works fine. Mostly Mini Mags, and occasional Remington GB, and as others have said; when I tried the non-recommended brands - they did not work well. My AA conversion kit is for my G19.

11. CCI MiniMags & Federal AutoMatch work in mine.

12. Soul_Cal

Soul_Cal

Nov 9, 2011
    These have worked flawless for me ..... CCI Mini Mags and Remington 22 Target, packaged 100 rounds in a 3 inch square clear box with a green and blue label.

13. ken grant

ken grant

Apr 3, 2004
    middle ga.
    AA Kits for 19/23,20/21 and 1911's.

Rem. G.B. and Mini-Mags are the only ones I have tried that work in all 3 kits.

14. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock

Apr 1, 2010
    Virginia
    I cannot wait to try some of the recommendations. Ill just buy them all. It will cost less than 2 boxes of 40 SW.

What do you do with ammo that doesn't work out for you? Give it to the range officer?

The Federal Match from Walmart definitely didn't work for mine. I'll lube mine, too. What lube do you find works best?

15. John Eastwood

John Eastwood

Mar 14, 2011
  16. Wash-ar15

Wash-ar15

Sep 15, 2007
    I am curious, whats so special about GB's that they are recommended for use??? Is it the velocity?

Almost every 22 i have owned ran Fed/ Rem/Win with few problems.

17. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Far West, USA
    The AA kit I have for my G19 works best with CCI Mini Mag solids. That's all I shoot in mine, plus its cleaner ammo than most .22. Its almost 100 percent reliable with the CCI

I have tried Remington Golden Bullets, but I got a lot of FTE with them.

Also don't shoot CCI Stinger out of your AA.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  18. YamahaMan165

YamahaMan165

Nov 28, 2011
    Are your sights still right on with the .22 kit guys? thanks

19. bentbiker

bentbiker NRA Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Orange County, CA
    The kit comes with its own Glock adjustable sights.

20. jw38

jw38

Jun 25, 2010
    You've talked me into getting a conversion for my 19.