close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Advantage Arms .22 conversion kit

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by diver 1956, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Does anyone have any experience with Advantage Arms .22 cal conversion kits for the .45ACP ?
    I'd like to have one for my Springfield 1911 Mil Spec.
    Any information would be helpful.
    Thanks

2. 20South

20South

Nov 18, 2002
    East of CBUS
    I have the AA on a G20/G21 and it runs perfectly so long as I use their recommendations for ammo. Ive been looking at a Marvel conversion for my 1911's. The folks I know who have them seem to be happy.

3. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    IIRC, the AA conversion is is the newer Bob Marvel design.
    It should work ok on he mil-spec. One thing that you might have to do is swap out the mainspring for a 19# spring and remove the ILS guts. The factory mainspring is 28#

4. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
  5. 20South

20South

Nov 18, 2002
    East of CBUS
    Learn something every day!

6. G27RR

G27RR

Oct 11, 2010
    Texas
    I have the STI branded target model. Other than the label it's the same kit (STI quit selling these and went with another maker due to better availability, I believe).

It's a good buy, has last round hold open and good accuracy. Mine never malfunctions with CCI standard velocity ammo, but has had the rare hiccup with some bulk ammo now and then.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]