close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Adults heckle children singing 'God Bless the USA'

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DonGlock26, Jun 21, 2012.

1. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Jan 18, 2001
    Adults heckle children singing 'God Bless the USA'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_X3Hkx-Liwk#!

1:12 :faint:

Wednesday, June 20, 2012
    SHOCK VIDEO: Adults heckle children singing 'God Bless the USA' telling them to 'burn in hell'
    "It’s sad, sad, sad. You all are going to burn in hell."

Read more: http://www.1190kex.com/cc-common/ne...ml?feed=104668&article=10214434#ixzz1yQcMm5F7

Wow, nothing sets the Left off like kids sing patriotic songs. I think Romney should add kids singing God Bless America to his commercials.

_

2. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Where we're the parents of these kids? Glad one of those kids weren't mine. It would be a shame to have to spend that much on a lawyer.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012

3. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

Aug 19, 2010
    Flyover,USA
    if these morons are offended why would they stay in this country? if you hate it that much that you have to heckle children GTFO!

4. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    this!

5. steve1988

steve1988

Feb 5, 2009
    Ft. Meade, MD
    This is something that I cannot grasp. Even atheists should appreciate the good intentions behind the song. What is wrong with wishing good things to happen to our country? Even if you don't believe in a God, why would you shout down children who love this country, and want the best for it? It is in the same vein as people who get offended by sayings like "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Hanukkah." Someone is wishing you well, so why get offended by it?

6. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    To atheists, "God bless America" is blasphemy.

7. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    There are those benighted folks whose political commitments are such that they will do absolutely anything to advance their agenda or oppose those who are their opponents, even to the point of abusing/victimizing children who are completely innocent of any wrong doing, political or otherwise. It is not illegal that such people would in this instance conduct themselves in such a contemptible egregious manner. It is in fact increasingly common to political discourse regardless of the source. It is the new normal foisted upon all by those who consider politics to be war in which all is fair.

8. RYNOCG201

RYNOCG201

Nov 29, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    Agreed ! GTFO

RYNOC

9. oldman11

oldman11

Mar 1, 2012
    Texas
    +1 +1 +1.

10. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas

Because atheism is one of the largest hate groups in this country. And growing bigger everyday.

They're not content with just not believing in God themselves, but they
    want all religious activities banned because it offends them.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  11. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    There are a lot of good ones out there too. It depends on how zealous they are.

12. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A

To Marxists, and leftists in general, also...

13. Bobb G

Bobb G A Conservative

Apr 23, 2001
    On My 2 Acres
    Let's see...it's wrong to have kids sing songs about America, but it's okay to FORCE kids to sing songs about Obama???? :dunno:

14. nmk

nmk

Apr 25, 2007
    Get a grip.

15. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
  16. W420Hunter

W420Hunter

Jun 25, 2007
    Ohio
    When morality is in the eye of the beholder, there is no low to low.

17. Mister_Beefy

Mister_Beefy Legal & Proper

Apr 19, 2011
  18. tyesai

tyesai

Nov 12, 2005
    Pennsylvania
    Stay with me.

I think many are taking this out of context.

First point: Clearly a political stunt.

Second: I'm 99% sure that the angry black guy is telling the adults they are going to hell, not the kids. it appears he is having a pissing contest with ****** nozzle in the back row, white shirt, pamphlet in one hand. That guy seems to be the "defiant" cheerleader.

Third point: To me the "protestors" seem distraught that the kids are being used. Using kids in this manner is shameful.

Last point, does not necessarily apply to video but many of your comments: I do find the lack of tolerance in schools for religion sad. “It’s contributed to a moral vacuum that has been filled by narrow, intolerant moralisms." (Dr. Sandal, Harvard)

All that said I'd vote for Turner only because I can't imagine anyone being any worse than that self aggrandizing twit Gilabrand....

However the idea of American exceptionalism is probably the most dangerous thing our youth face...You, I, me, we, us, choose your favorite personal pronoun, are no better than anyone else because of the birth lotto....

Here is a more thorough article that explains the incident a little better in my opinion....
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/20/n...turner-joins-protest-at-school-principal.html

19. herose

herose

Jun 13, 2006
    Kentucky
    Uh...no it isn't and YES WE ARE!

20. RC-RAMIE

RC-RAMIE

Mar 8, 2010
    You are a better person than others just because you are born in America? You sure about that?