close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Adobe Flash, Acrobat, and Reader Zero Day Attack

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Pierre!, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Jun 20, 2003
    Lovin Sparks Nv!
  2. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Funny... This says it effects "all OS's"... then specifically mentions:

First... I'd love to see a kiddie manipulate this "flaw" on a properly secured Linux system.

Second.. The article conveniently lists where this authplay file is found on Windows systems, but lists nothing about Linux or Mac systems... I can't speak for the Mac OS.. but it's simply nowhere to be found on a Linux system.

It may indeed be an issue for Windows/Mac users, I don't know.. but unless that article incorrectly describes the problem, I'm calling shananigans on it being an issue for Linux users...

IGF

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010

3. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Jun 20, 2003
    Lovin Sparks Nv!
    I don't even run Adobe Acrobat on Linux... openSuse gives me Ocular, and it works... so I won't even look for the file!

Looks like a non issue to me as well, more of a "damage control" situation...

4. RTmarc

RTmarc

Mar 18, 2008
    Birmingham, AL
    /opt/Adobe/Reader9/Reader/intellinux/lib/libauthplay.so

5. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Still want to see the problem executed on a Linux system... To do anything useful w/ that directory, you'll need root access.. so you're gonna have to be a retard to let it happen.

Edit: And FWIW, that file is also not on my system. Probably because I don't use Adobe Reader, but the Op's link specifically mentioned that Flash also contained the vulnerability... Not sure why anyone would use the Linux version of Adobe(although I did used to)... Evince works quite well.

IGF

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  6. dglockster

dglockster

Sep 19, 2001
    Texas
    Does the zero-day problem still exist? According to http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2341429,00.asp

This is now June 2010.

7. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Jun 20, 2003
    Lovin Sparks Nv!