close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Adjusting Kydex???

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Radam3, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Radam3

Radam3

Jul 22, 2011
    MI
    Got my crossbreed about a week ago. The retention is not tight enough for my liking. Right with the holster they sent me directions for tighten / loosening using a hairdryer. I tried this this morning to no avail. I held the hairdryer over the trigger guard for a good 5 - 10 minutes. I did not feel any pliability in the kydex. My G23 was hot as hell though (even with a wet rag over it as per the directions.)

Anybody have any advice? Did I just call it quits too soon?

2. Devans0

Devans0

Oct 26, 2011
    I have been experimenting with making kydex holsters and sheaths and fabbing other gun accessory mods. I bought a cheap Harbor Freight heat gun and it has the heat to do the job (300 degrees F), when the hair dryer won't. It cost around twenty dollars. I will be fixing a King Tuck with weak retention issues, but my Crossbreed is great. Take an old bottle and melt the plastic for practice IN A WELL VENTILATED PLACE, but kydex gets leathery at the right temperature. Kydex won't off gas but other plastics are toxic.