close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Adjustable sights

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by rmeron, Sep 5, 2010.

1. rmeron

rmeron
    Expand Collapse

How tough are the Glock adjustable sights? Would anyone put them on a Mdl 26?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. whatsupglock

whatsupglock
    Expand Collapse

They aren't very good. Everyone I know immediately replaces them with something else. Dawson Precision makes a good adjustable sight, but most people go with a fixed sight. Heinie, and Warren Tactical are good choices.

3. vis35

vis35
    Expand Collapse

The newer ones are pretty good, the old ones pretty bad / easy to break.
    But why use adjustable sights on a SD gun? If you hold it correctly / use proper trigger technique it will shoot to point of aim with the fixed sights.

#3 vis35, Sep 5, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  4. DannyR

DannyR
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Millennium Member

I would not put them on any Glock.

5. AK74play

AK74play
    Expand Collapse

Dont know how everyone else treats their guns but I use them on all my Glocks except my G-30 which is my bedroom HD weapon. Have them on a 26, 19,17,34,23,31,35,17L,21SF,and last but certainly not least 24 with stainless 6 inch long slide. Never broke one, never had one move and carry them all the time. Don't go anywhere without a Glock. All I'm really saying is if you have a good holster to carry in and dont (accidently) smack them on something or God forbid, drop your gun I really dont see how you could have a problem with them. I love them but like I said, my G-30 has Mepro night sights . Just my .02 :upeyes:

6. BWT

BWT
    Expand Collapse

Do what you like! That's what counts. I personally would never put them on a duty or sd weapon just because of Murphy.

7. Steel Head

Steel Head
    Expand Collapse
    Tactical Cat

Unless you are trying to adjust for some real oddball ammo I don't see the need
    All the ammo I've tried on my Glocks has had POI within a couple of inches at 25 yds with fixed sights

8. ronin.45

ronin.45
    Expand Collapse

Agreed. For a carry gun, adjustable sights don't make much sense. I do have the factory adj. rear on my 17L(had several 34s too) and it holds zero well. I imagine it wouldn't stand up to serious abuse, but metal probably wouldn't either. Every adj. sighgt has weak points. I will continue to use the factory sight for range guns.