close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Adjustable sights

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by rmeron, Sep 5, 2010.

1. How tough are the Glock adjustable sights? Would anyone put them on a Mdl 26?

2. whatsupglock

whatsupglock

Nov 20, 2009
    They aren't very good. Everyone I know immediately replaces them with something else. Dawson Precision makes a good adjustable sight, but most people go with a fixed sight. Heinie, and Warren Tactical are good choices.

3. vis35

vis35

Apr 5, 2010
    Alaska
    The newer ones are pretty good, the old ones pretty bad / easy to break.
    But why use adjustable sights on a SD gun? If you hold it correctly / use proper trigger technique it will shoot to point of aim with the fixed sights.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
  5. AK74play

AK74play

Jun 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Dont know how everyone else treats their guns but I use them on all my Glocks except my G-30 which is my bedroom HD weapon. Have them on a 26, 19,17,34,23,31,35,17L,21SF,and last but certainly not least 24 with stainless 6 inch long slide. Never broke one, never had one move and carry them all the time. Don't go anywhere without a Glock. All I'm really saying is if you have a good holster to carry in and dont (accidently) smack them on something or God forbid, drop your gun I really dont see how you could have a problem with them. I love them but like I said, my G-30 has Mepro night sights . Just my .02 :upeyes:

6. BWT

BWT

Apr 27, 2010
    USA
    Do what you like! That's what counts. I personally would never put them on a duty or sd weapon just because of Murphy.

7. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

Jan 1, 2010
    A cat box in WA
    Unless you are trying to adjust for some real oddball ammo I don't see the need
    All the ammo I've tried on my Glocks has had POI within a couple of inches at 25 yds with fixed sights

8. ronin.45

ronin.45

Apr 24, 2008
    NE OHIO
    Agreed. For a carry gun, adjustable sights don't make much sense. I do have the factory adj. rear on my 17L(had several 34s too) and it holds zero well. I imagine it wouldn't stand up to serious abuse, but metal probably wouldn't either. Every adj. sighgt has weak points. I will continue to use the factory sight for range guns.