Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

  • Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Additional Uppers on an SBR

Discussion in 'GATE NFA/Class III' started by Ananael, Mar 16, 2010.

  1. Ananael


    Sep 10, 2009
    If I get a registered, taxed, paid-in-full SBR, and then want to get another upper, also SBR, for it, do I need to the SBR paperwork/taxes again, or can I just show them the paperwork on the rifle and be good to go?
  2. Zak Smith

    Zak Smith 3Gunner Millennium Member

    Aug 25, 1999
    Fort Collins, CO, USA
    The lower is the registered SBR item.

    There is no paperwork requirement on "SBR" uppers.

    You cannot possess more SBR uppers than registered lowers, unless you possess zero AR-type lowers. In other words, if you possess one SBR lower and no other AR type lowers or rifles, you can possess more than one SBR upper. But otherwise you cannot since you "could" put together an unregistered SBR-- that's where the BATF's "constructive possession" comes in.