close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Added A New Springer(EMP 40)Not A Mistake I hope

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by krunchnik, Mar 3, 2010.

1. krunchnik

krunchnik THE CROW

Aug 24, 2009
    Lakeland,TN
    Well I went and spent some serious cash on another 1911 today,picked up a Springer EMP 40 that I have been pineing for,hopefully the money was well spent,I hope I can get to the range tomorrow and try her out.It seems there are good and bad reviews of this little pistol,I hope mine is gonna be a good review.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was so cute I couldnt help myself:supergrin:

2. very nice pistol my friend! those grips are pretty

3. I think you'll be pleased.

I bought a 9mm EMP a couple months back (took forever to find a deal on one) and after changing out the ambi-safety for a single side, I love it!

4. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Would LOVE to find one in 9mm!

Congrats,......looks great with the Horned Lizard grips! :thumbsup:

5. krunchnik

krunchnik THE CROW

Aug 24, 2009
    Lakeland,TN
    They had 2 at Guns&Ammo where I purchased mine,the 9mm seemed a little less quality of fit,the extractor was projecting from the rear of the slide and the slide was really stiff and catching on return to battery.Its possible the pistol is that tight from the factory,but the .40 seemed to operate smoother by hand.:dunno:

6. ambluemax

ambluemax

Feb 6, 2007
    I rented and shot a 9mm version not too long ago...sweet little shooter for sure!!

7. frank_drebin

frank_drebin 1-man flash mob

Jan 15, 2009
    :baby: :baby: :baby:

They're so cute at that age...

8. sns3guppy

sns3guppy

Sep 4, 2006
    The EMP 40 is on my to-do list of firearms to buy.

9. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

Jun 22, 2007
    Lancaster, Ohio
    If both were offered in steel frame, I'd go for a 9. As is, I'd take the 40 to get the steel frame. For the price SA gets for those sweet little devils, I wish they'd include some form of frontstrap texturing.

10. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    I almost bought one a few months back. It was a gently used one at a great price.
    I started to field strip, when azzhat owner then told me about how he POLISHED
    the feed ramp for "increased reliability". I shook my head and walked away in sorrow.

11. ambluemax

ambluemax

Feb 6, 2007
    I can relate...that sucks:crying:

12. krunchnik

krunchnik THE CROW

Aug 24, 2009
    Lakeland,TN
    Well I got a chance to shoot the EMP today and was pleasantly surprised with 80 rounds downrange and 30 of them were Winchester SXZ HP that there wasnt a missfeed or malfunction of any kind.The darn thing just shoots.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Top target is with PMC FMJ which half of the box was double taps,and the bottom target was with the Winchester,I guess its a keeper.All at 21 feet.

13. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    Congrats! The ones I've been around have been great guns. There's always lemons out there that you hear about with every gun. I bet you'll really like it.

14. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    my 9mm EMP was tight. tighter than my TRP was, and it's nice and smooth now.