close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Add picatinny rail

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by GlockN, Jan 11, 2012.

1. GlockN

GlockN

Apr 15, 2011
    Anyone add a picatinny rail to their 870? How does it look? I do not have the hole drilled and tapped and I'm looking for an alternative.

2. aippi

aippi

Jun 12, 2009
    Mesa Tactical shell holder with rail. www.mesatactical.com

The rail sits up over the top of the receiver so there is a channel under it and if your optic fail that channel is a back up sighting system as you simply look through it and anything framed inside that is going to catch buck shot.

3. remac

remac

Dec 4, 2006
    Cola, SC
    Have the Mesa tactical rail mentioned above. Very solid and a great mount! One note though, if you have rifle sights on your 870 you will not be able to "use" them through the mentioned channel.

4. aippi

aippi

Jun 12, 2009
    Remac is correct. I failed to mention this. Bead sight is best as any other sights are negated by the rail and optics.

5. David_Ely

David_Ely GAP'r

Jul 3, 2008
    Okemos, MI
    I just ordered the Mesa shell holder with rail for my new Tactical 870 with bead. One question, can you see an XS Big Dot front bead under the mount or does it stick up too high? If it can be seen under the rail, I'm adding one to my barrel.