Active Duty .MIL and Form 1 questions?

Discussion in 'GATE NFA/Class III' started by Airborne Infantryman, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman
    Expand Collapse

Nov 20, 2009

I am an Active Duty Soldier stationed at Fort Campbell, KY.

I am currently filling out a Form 1, to create an SBR. I have everything filled out, I just need to know a few things.

I am at stationed a Fort Campbell, KY but live in Clarksville, TN, which is right across the KY/TN state line. Which address do I put on the Form 1, and I'm assuming if I put address in Clarksville, TN on the Form 1, I will be visiting the Montgomery County Sheriff for him to sign off on the Form 1?

Also, how will it work if I want to cross the state line to go shoot at a range in KY? Would I be better off just keeping the SBR in TN?

Any and all help is appreciated. I tried searching for .MIL + NFA stuff, but came up short.
  2. Zak Smith

Zak Smith
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

Aug 25, 1999
    Fort Collins, CO, USA
    I'll do the best I can, but a call to the ATF is usually the best way.

The address on the Form 1 is your address, so I'd assume that would mean the TN address.

You need an approved 5320.20 for interstate travel with the SBR. It's not a big deal, just submit one for the whole calendar year.