Active Duty .MIL and Form 1 questions?

Discussion in 'GATE NFA/Class III' started by Airborne Infantryman, Oct 17, 2011.

  1. Airborne Infantryman

    Airborne Infantryman
    Expand Collapse

    Nov 20, 2009

    I am an Active Duty Soldier stationed at Fort Campbell, KY.

    I am currently filling out a Form 1, to create an SBR. I have everything filled out, I just need to know a few things.

    I am at stationed a Fort Campbell, KY but live in Clarksville, TN, which is right across the KY/TN state line. Which address do I put on the Form 1, and I'm assuming if I put address in Clarksville, TN on the Form 1, I will be visiting the Montgomery County Sheriff for him to sign off on the Form 1?

    Also, how will it work if I want to cross the state line to go shoot at a range in KY? Would I be better off just keeping the SBR in TN?

    Any and all help is appreciated. I tried searching for .MIL + NFA stuff, but came up short.
  2. Zak Smith

    Zak Smith
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

    Aug 25, 1999
    Fort Collins, CO, USA
    I'll do the best I can, but a call to the ATF is usually the best way.

    The address on the Form 1 is your address, so I'd assume that would mean the TN address.

    You need an approved 5320.20 for interstate travel with the SBR. It's not a big deal, just submit one for the whole calendar year.

Similar Threads Forum Date
Veterans & Active Duty, Who Achieved... The Okie Corral Nov 4, 2015
forwared email subject vets and active duty Political Issues Mar 21, 2014
Floridian Retires from Active Duty; to buy first Glock Introduction Forum Oct 6, 2013
Any active duty guys on here? US Army Forum Aug 6, 2012
Reserve, Guard or active duty? US Army Forum Sep 22, 2010
Duty Gear at CopsPlus