close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Act-Mag for 1911 feedback

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by kid168, Mar 14, 2011.

1. kid168

kid168

Apr 1, 2010
    Can anyone give some feedback regarding this brand of 1911 mags? Are this as good as KimPro Tac Mags or Wilson Combat?

2. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    I believe they are made by MecGar,........good stuff!
    I would rate them better than Kimber mags, but on level ground with Wilson

3. GJ1981

GJ1981 Pitying Fools

Feb 10, 2008
    They're a decent mag for the $ but there are better choices too. They have been known to have very fragile feedlips. Dollar for dollar, a CMC Power Mag is a better choice from a quality standpoint.

4. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Mivonks, MI
    Even the Wilson is not the end all magazine.
    Out of the two 47Ds I have had, I had two that sucked.

For a cheap well built magazine, look for Mec-Gar or MetalForm.
    You can usually get the 7 round MetalForms from CDNN Investments for less than 10 a piece.

5. FLSlim

FLSlim

Apr 12, 2010
    FL W Coast
    I've had good luck with them and the price is hard to beat. The only mag I've had problems with recently was a Wilson 47D--it may have been an incompatibility with the gun but the slide stop wore a groove in follower after just a couple of hundred rounds and would no longer lock the slide open. Since the Act-Mag followers are metal, that won't happen.

6. samuse

samuse

Jul 30, 2008
    South TX
    If you're lookin' for mags on the cheap, I'd go with Checkmate hybrids or G.I.s, Springfield Armory's mags or Metalforms with the round follower.

Wilsons, Tripps and Chips are not necessary for ball ammo. They're wadcutter mags...