close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

ACOG Reticle types.

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by NeverMore1701, Feb 20, 2010.

1. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    Anyone have a link to side-by-side comparison pics of all the different ACOG reticles?

2. You can do that on the trijicon web site. Also, search here for ACOG and read the thread USMC03 does on them. It gives his thoughts on reticles and colors. (I like the red circle)

Go to Trijicon.com, then products, then ACOG, then view brochure.

WGH

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010

3. HomeLandPatriot

HomeLandPatriot

Oct 24, 2008
    great article USMC03. After reading and reviewing, the ta31 and ta11 are my two choices, with a lean towards the ta11. I just need to decide the payoff of overall size; the bigger ta11 with more eye relief or the small ta31 with shorter eye relief.

I must say though that the ta11J with the cross hairs and .223 drop comp. is extremely appealing. I've never been a fan of doughnuts and I can't quite figure out the chevron.

Good info throughout OP.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  4. The cross hair models, at least in the TA11, are non BAC.

BAC is part of what makes these sights so good, if you want something for 3-gun, etc... (IMHO)

Gene

5. HomeLandPatriot

HomeLandPatriot

Oct 24, 2008
    From what I gather its the ability to use the scope with both eyes open. Bac states that when you are acquiring your target, your brain will automatically use your non magnified eye to track the target, but once you stop moving yo take the shot, your brain moves back to the magnified eye because it becomes a clearer picture. Supposedly bac is the process the acog uses to supplement this process.

All that sounds good and fine, but I don't understand what exactly the scope does for this to be so valuable, nor am I totally conviced this happens in real life, but I have zero experience with it, so that's why I'm asking on clarification.

6. HomeLandPatriot

HomeLandPatriot

Oct 24, 2008
    Alright, looks like the ta11H might take the cake.

Can someone just explain the use in the dots on either side of the reticle?

7. Onmilo

Onmilo

Jul 10, 2005
    Illinois
  8. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Jan 20, 2004
    Alaska, again (for now)

Not exactly true.

BAC is a method of use, not a scope option.

You can shoot with the cross hair models, they're just not built to accentuate the BAC like the inverted chevron reticles.

9. JBJ16

JBJ16

May 9, 2007
    YOUR BLINDSIDE
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

after too much drinking, you could be cross-eyed while doing the BAC (Bindon Aiming Concept)

10. DougW

DougW Native Texan

May 9, 2003
    North Texas
    I have a TA31F on one of my AR's, my son has the TA01NSN on his. Of the two, we can both shoot much better with the TA01NSN with the cross hairs at longer ranges. Up close, it is a toss up. The TA31F gets a "bit busy" when shooting a small target at around 300+ yards. I tried the TA31F in 2 3-Gun Matches, but I have gone back to the 1.5X6 variable, as the TA31F was more difficult for me to use (old eyes). If I had it to do over I would go with the TA01NSN myself.

11. HomeLandPatriot

HomeLandPatriot

Oct 24, 2008
    So after thinking, how do the bullet drop compensators show up on a rifle with a FSP? does the FSP block the view of the compensator?

12. glock22357

glock22357 Got Ammo???

Mar 1, 2004
    Benton Harbor, MI
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  13. I'm just going off of what Trijicon says about their own product, from their own website looking at the specifications for the model he was talking about. You can argue technicalities with them.

WG

14. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Jan 20, 2004
    Alaska, again (for now)
    I'm not arguing your source, I just said you're wrong. Thats all.

15. Andrewsky

Andrewsky

May 28, 2004
    Arguing with AK_Stick is much like walking through a brick wall.