close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Accurate 22lr for old Mossberg?

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by J_Rico, Jan 22, 2010.

1. J_Rico

J_Rico

Aug 17, 2007
    Hello Gters,

Santa hit the pawn shops and brought me an old Mossberg 42m bless his jolly soul.

I have only shot bulk 22lr ammo in the past. This rifle may actually make use of some better 22lr ammo. I know that each firearm is unique and I'll have to do some testing, but can anyone suggest a starting place? What match 22lr has worked for you guys (and gals). If any of you have run some through one of these old Mossbergs, that would be even better.

Thanks,
    WB

P.S. Mods, if this should have gone in Rimfire, please move it.

2. Clem Eastwood

Clem Eastwood

Mar 7, 2004
    DFW, TX
    http://www.championshooters.com/ has eley, sk, wolf, rws, lapua, remington target, cci stuff, winchester target......there are probably some im forgetting. i tend to use wolf, sk (wolf and sk for a given price are the same thing in different boxes) and eley.

3. GLShooter

GLShooter

Jan 3, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    I likethe RWS Rifle Match but in all honesty I have several rifles that shoot WW Super X HP's almost as well as the high dollar stuff.. Go figure!! LOL

Greg